Jul 10, 2012

A SUMMER Garden Stroll!

Well summer has arrived!

A little late,
here in the Northwest...

but the days have been glorious,
sunny and bright...

are you ready for a garden stroll?


April in Paris Rose
and friends...


the Lavender has burst open...

Mmmmm


the perfectly delicate
Scepter'd Isle Rose...

she has been blooming quietly for a month,
just a couple blooms at a time...


the Hummingbirds love the Russian Verbena,
It has climbed seven feet tall this year,
so far!


an upclose look
 at the small blooming clusters...


Melody Parfumee Rose,
and friends...

the leaves of the bush are below,
she sent up a crazy spike
of blooms!




Bonica Rose...


the soft summery blues
of the Hydrangea...


Butterfly Weed...


and Butterfly Bush...

these are replacements
for some I lost a couple years ago...

I really saw a dip in the butterfly visits
with them gone...


a mystery solved!

while doing spring garden clean up,
I found the tag for this
 my mystery rose,
of last year!

she is the Memorial Day Rose...

I am crazy for all those
ruffled petals...


Today I am joining,
and

Thanks for joining me in the garden today...