Sep 11, 2012

Late Summer in the Garden...

 
Well it's about time I took you on a garden stroll...
 
We have had a dry summer,
a sixty day dry spell was just broken last Sunday night,
with a soft overnight rain...
 
it was a pleasure to wake up to the trickling sound
 of water running through the rain gutters...
 
I'm sure the garden was pretty happy too...
 

 
I've been tucking winter Pansies
around in the empty spots on the patio...


these Beauty Berries are beginning to plump up,
they will be bright purple before you know it...
 


mostly, flowers are fading,
and seeds are blowing...
 

(Bonica Rose)
 
the Roses are holding strong...

 (Tiffany)

(Sceptered Isle)
 

 (Mary)

 (Mortimer Sackler)
 
 
the Hydrangea's petals have become firm to the touch
and are ready for drying...
 
I have never tried drying this fancy petaled one before...
 
 
these are a common splash of color for winter vases and baskets...

 
this has been the year of the frog!
 
our little ponds were filled with egg sacks last spring
and the frogs are everywhere...
 
I didn't even notice this one until I was cropping my pics...

 
this little guy on the other hand stood right out...
 
they are Pacific Tree Frogs,
this one is full grown,
about the size of a quarter...
 
the baby ones who have just lost their tails,
are only about the size of a garbanzo bean...

 
Hoppy Trails...
 
Today I am joining...
Tuesday Garden Party
and
 
Thanks for strolling with me today...

22 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Bella,
I enjoyed a tour of your always beautiful garden. I never saw one of those cute little frogs before-they seem to like your roses.
We had a dry summer and spring too but not as dry as yours-60 days without any rain is difficult.
We just more rain in a day then we had in 2 months-6 inches!
Nice to see your smiling face on my blog again!!!

Carolyn

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Beautiful Blog and absolutely gorgeous photography of sweet and beautiful things ~ Love the toads ~ adorable ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Danette said...

Thank you for the lovely garden tour. I really enjoyed it. The frogs are so cute!

Pamela Gordon said...

Your garden looks so pretty still. Mine looks rather sad after a very dry summer. My annuals will be tossed by the weekend as they are just too sad looking even after we had some heavy rain lately. Those little frogs are really cute!

janice15 said...

yOUR GARDEN IS ALWAYS SO PRETTY. . . i LOVE THE PINK ROSES AND THE TINY LITTLE FROGGY...hAPPY ALMOST WEDNESDAY...WITH LOVE JANICE

Susan said...

Great tour, Bella. Your roses are splendid. Gee, I didn't even know frogs could get that little. Amazing! Have a good rest of the week. Susan

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your flowers are so pretty and I adore those little frogs. We haven't had very many this year. Don't know where they went. To your house I guess:)

xinex said...

Beautiful garden, Bella. Your flowers are lovely!..Christine

zapach piwonii said...

This green frog is probably the enchanted prince, the king in such a place on the petals. As always beautiful, greet

flowersandhome said...

It's amazing how you sometimes notice things in a picture you didn't see while taking it.
Your garden looks so pretty filled with soft colours. I also love pansies. Love the colours of the ones you show us here.
Bye,
Marian

Danielle said...

What a beautiful display of your garden. I so enjoyed the tour. My gardens really took a hit this summer and I am looking forward to sprucing it up with fall annuals.

gillyflower said...

Wonderful garden photos, thanks for sharing such beauty!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

So pretty! You are lucky to have rain...here it is dry, dry, dry and very hot. Your garden looks amazing.

Becky Elmuccio said...

Looks like you did fairly well despite the drought. Your roses are beautiful and those frogs are too cute!

Haworth said...

I always enjoy our strolls through your garden, Bella! Your flowers are lasting a bit longer than mine, but I think your Pacific Coastal air must have something to do with it. Those little froglets are adorable! I love they way they tuck themselves into the flower petals. So cute! Have a happy day out your way.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I've never seen a more adorable frog! You photos are all just gorgeous!! I've missed seeing your beautiful garden. xx

Light and Voices said...

Bella, I have so admired your photograph skills for a couple of years now. Your blog gets lovelier each time I visit. What a "cute" frog.
Joyce M

Janneke said...

Wonderful the frog in the rose! Your garden still looks fresh on the pictures and the Mortimer Sachler is a beauty, which is unknown to me.

Ruffled Romance said...

I started a new blog and you were one of the inspirations to me to do that and I mentioned your name in my blog. If you have time please pop by. Thanks.

Heaven's Walk said...

SIGH! Your photos always make me sigh and smile and take a deep breath, Bella. Soooo pretty! :)

xoxo laurie

The Rosegarden in Malevik said...

Hi Bella
Thank´s for the Garden Tour,,,,it must have some problem with heat..
Lovley Photos,,,,,,as usual :)
and do not miss.....

S
A
T
U
R
D
A
Y

S
H
O
W

O
F
F

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
Håkan ( The Roseman)

Madelief said...

Your garden still looks so very beautiful Bella. It's a joy to scroll through your photo's.

Enjoy your weekend!

Madelief x