Sep 10, 2012

Surf, Sand and Forks...

Hi Everyone!
 
Well yes,  it has been a longtime since my last post!!!
 
I have no grand reason,
I have simply been goofing off :-)
 
For the last week and a half,
my Mr. has decided to join me
and soak up the last of the summer sun...
 
 
last week we took a day trip to the shore...

 
Port Angeles,  Washington...

 
In the Strait of Juan de Fuca...

 
It is a long trip for us,
but we had both been wanting to go see the tide pools...

 
sea anemone...

 
lots of barnacles...

 
and beds of mussels...

 
we got there a little later than planned,
 
and the incoming  tide chased us to shore...

 
but it was an amazing day,
the beaches were incredible...



 
there are always some
drool worthy beachfront cottages...
 
 I am enamored by that TINY room in the tower,
an indoor version of a widows walk,
 I would imagine...

 
 
Forks,  Washington
was just a short drive further...

 
Forks is the inspirational setting
 for the books of Twilight...
 
although the movie wasn't actually filmed there,
the town has played into the theme a bit... 
 
it is a very small logging town...
 
 I can't help but wonder,
if this is the actual place
where time stands still,
since the clock in town square has no arms :-)
 
\
it's other claim to fame?
 
It is the rainiest city in the continental U.S.
with an average rainfall of 120"...


 
love on the beach,
written in mussels shells...
 
 
Fall is nipping in the air here...
 
I am ready to snuggle in,
I hope you have had a wonderful summer...
 
hello to all my new followers,
and thanks to all my old friends for waiting out my absence!
 
I have much visiting and mail to catch up on!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

Bernideen said...


Breaks are a GOOD THING. I'd like to retire!

Blondie's Journal said...

This was such a nice getaway! I really enjoyed seeing your shores! Very pretty!

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

I am glad to see you here, Bella. I was wondering what had happened to you. I am glad you took some time off to just enjoy life. It looks like a wonderful day trip with your hubby- blessings- xo Diana

A Garden of Threads said...

Hi Bella, Glad you enjoyed your break, they are sometimes very useful at recharging the battery. I must admit I have also been tardy visiting blogs and posting. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous seashore pictures. Hope you have a wonderful day. Jen

Karen said...

Welcome back, i missed reading your posts.

Susan said...

Bella....What beautiful photos. And you made wonderful memories. Thanks so much for sharing. Missed you! Glad you had a nice break. Welcome back! Susan

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Welcome back! I'm enjoying your nice big trip pictures. Such a beautiful place to visit. Never enough shore time. Glad you got a nice break! xx

Olga said...

Hi Bella, welcome back! I was getting worried about your absence. I'm glad to know you had a good break.
I love your shore photos. They are quite different from the shores I'm used to here in CA.
Now I'm taking a break too. I'm leaving for Europe this week.

Rose L said...

A break??? What's that??? They filmed a scene in Twilight here in Oregon City on the Clackamas Community College campus. Several days here and the entire scene lasted about 2 or 3 minutes.
Part of the Bruce Willis movie Bandits was also filmed here in Oregon City. The CCC Harmony campus has been used a couple times in the Grimm TV series. So much filmed around here.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Such beautiful photos--my husband would be in love with all those tidepools. He can spend hours looking in them. Glad you got some good sun time :)

Carolyn said...

Hi Bella,
I am so glad you are back and that you were just enjoying a lovely break.
Looks like a nice place to visit.

Take care,
Carolyn

Haworth said...

Hi Bella! *waves* It's nice to see you again on your beautiful blog. (I don't have internet at home so I wasn't posting this summer either.) The photos from your day trip are just beautiful! All that sea life and the barnacles and shells on the rocks are simply stunning. I hope you had a lovely break and are enjoying these last days of summer before Fall arrives.

Karen said...

Beautiful photos, Bella! Looks like you had a wonderful time exploring our incredible coastline. I would love to go inside that shop, 'Alice's closet'. It looks interesting. Hope you found some sea treasures to take home with you. Welcome back! xx

Janneke said...

I missed your posts already, but sometimes we need a break and you had a lovely time as I see the pictures of the beaches and the tidepools. The house with the tower looks so inviting, why don't we have such kind of houses over here in Europe?