Oct 31, 2012

A Halloween Past...

Since I have been goulishly lazy this Halloween,
I thought I would resurrect an old post
from Halloween's Past...
 
..................
 
An old graveyard seems like a good place
to spend Halloween....

Unless you are afraid?

 

A good place to to be at dusk
when the world of the living
and the world of the dead
are only divided by
a thin line...


energy swirls in the air...


Try to move quickly 
we don't want to get lost in the 
maze of pickets...


This marker is that of a young bride,
who met a tragic end on
her wedding day ;-)

We should tread quietly
for awhile...




Funny and a little eerie
that so much moss grows in a sunny location...


Happy All Hallows Eve to you!
Stay Safe!!

A bit of trivia...
This old and truly very lovely graveyard is in
Roslyn, Washington.
Roslyn is the town that the TV series
Northern Exposure was filmed..

A strange and non eerie thing about the cemetery is
that deer are always wandering about!!

 
 
 

 Who knows what they see after dark!!!
 
I am joining the fun at...
 
Happy Hauntings....


12 comments:

Rosewalk Cottage said...

I loved your post Bella and enjoyed the tour and your collection of photos. Happy Halloween.
~Clara

NanaDiana said...

Hi Bella- I am back from my blogging break and glad to see your beautiful post here- Happy Haunting to you, too! xo Diana

Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Bella
I should have had you do the visuals for my story. Indeed, what does attract the deer to this cemetery?
Happy Halloween.
Judith

Fabric Quilt Shop said...

Love the pics of the graveyard. It looks like it would be kinda of spooky if you are there at night but it looks so nice and old at the same time. Love seeing the deer in the pic. Thanks

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Very cool pictures! I'm glad you re-posted! I think the setting makes the deer spooky too! :0) xx

Jeanne said...

I loved your text and the ghostly tour of the cemetery. The deer pic made me smile.
Happy Halloween,
xo Jeanne

Karen said...

Love the spooky pictures, and the graveyard with the deer. Best Wishes Karen.

Haworth said...

What an eerie place, Bella, and you captured its magical beauty so perfectly in your photos.

Cindy said...

Ohhhh, that was cool! I loved the photos, and the fact that the deer linger there. Is that really the gravesite of a young woman who died on her wedding day!? Old graveyards are so amazing, and i get the strangest feeling reading the headstones. These were real live people, with loves, and pains, and friends and sisters and brothers, who laughed and cried... so surreal that they've come and gone, just like we will. It's like time is some strange thing... Wonder if some part of them lingers... or exists in a separate reality, life is such a mystery

Cindy

Karen said...

Hi Bella, sorry I missed this on Halloween, it is perfect! That deer did look a little spooked, maybe he saw a ghost! A lovely old cemetery. xx

pink*cherub*moon said...

Love this! The photos are great and no, I'm not afraid! Great post! Hugs, Leena

lvroftiques said...

Oh how creepy cool! I just love graveyards, walking quietly along and reading about so many of those who have gone before. So peaceful and serene. I have never been to the one in Roslyn....I'll have to make a side trip there...If the sun will just shine for a day or two *winks*