Oct 16, 2012

Fall Harvest and Po....

 I have all these odds and ends
on my camera....
 
kinda harvesty,
kinda gardeny,
some cute animals...
 
so I thought I would group them up
and share today....
 


Pee Gee Hydrangea blooms,
gathered for wreath making....
 


 
cream and blush tones,
these are the soft colors of autumn
I love...
 

 
I harvested my little pumpkin patch...
 
and gathered the sunflower heads,
I will dry them and save them for winter treats
 for the Chickadees...
 



It was a small harvest this year,
 
We had a record dry year
and I really should have watered more...
 
there is something you never thought you'd hear someone in Seattle say
"I should have watered more"
haha!
 
 
 



 
 
well this pic does not count as one of the cute animal pics
I said I would share!
 
but,   it is a family tradition...
 
when the first freezes of the year come...
 
we gut the veggie garden
and let the dogs,
have run of the beds,
to forage what they can find....
 
Yes, it is strange,
but Italian Greyhounds
Love their veggies....
carrots,  lettuce, bell peppers...
 


Cosmo,  being an experienced forager,
knows just where the good stuff is....
 

 
the last baby heads of Romaine...
 

 
 
for several years,
I have been feeding Opossums in the garden,
mostly apple bites tucked in the bird feeders,
a little dog food during the coldest winter months...
 
this sweet baby opossum showed up last week,
he is sooo little...
 

 
the tips of his ears and tail are so white,
and look at those big ol feet!
 
I named him Po
and hope he'll hang around...
 
Today I am joining....
and
 
 
Thanks for stopping by....