Oct 18, 2012

Hydrangea Wreath

 
I have been cutting Hydrangea blooms
from the garden...
 

 
 for a wreath...
 
 
I decided to hang it from the hall tree,
and do a little fall decorating...

I always drag my feet into fall,
it's just so hard to say goodbye to summer...

 




 the dried blooms
were in this fabulous rainbow of soft colors...




so I tried to create a swirl pattern in my wreath...
 


in contrast,
these Hydrangea blooms from last year,
have turned a bone white...
 


have you seen these Pink Pumpkins
in your local stores?
 
 
they are from the Pink Pumpkin Patch
foundation
and benefit breast cancer research...
 


 
there aren't many places you want warts,
but I love them on a pumpkin!

 
and a basket full of roses...

 
 I would like to think
I could leave this basket
 here beside the hall tree,
because I really like it here...
 
but,  although Iris is a year and a half now
(doesn't time fly?)
she still has naughty tendencies...
 
or maybe,
she just really likes that romantic
scattered look,
hmmm...
 
 
 Tonight I am joining...
and
 
Thank you for stopping by...