Dec 12, 2012

Let the Baking Begin....

Today marked the beginning
of baking season around here...
 

 
when the holidays draw close,
it's nice to have easy to serve
sweets for surprise guests...


today I made my first fruitcake...
 
I have always loved them,
but never made my own...
 
I made one to enjoy fresh,
and one to cure in brandy for Christmas Eve...
 


 
I still haven't finished decorating...
 
this year just feels like a quieter year,
a simpler year,
a year to enjoy loved ones...
 


stacks of ruffled plates...
 

 
 a clutch of silver forks,
simple and yet special...


snowy lace...
 



the twinkle of
cut glass and candlelight...
 


reflecting back on a happy year...
 

 
I hope you have
something sweet on your plate today...
 
today I am joining
Home @ Rose Chintz Cottage
and
 
Thanks for visiting me today...