Jan 11, 2013

Ballet Dreams...

Do you buy yourself something
absolutely frivolous on your Birthday...
 
something just for your heart?

 
my birthday was last month,
and I bought myself
these tattered old pointe shoes..
 
to me, perfect...


I love ballet
 
the grace,
the tutus,
and perfect pink of the slippers...


the shoes tell their own stories...
 
Julia's penciled in commitment...
 
 
dedication!
 

another whose dedication wavered...

 
 it would be impossible to take photos on a bed,
without a few lazy dogs showing up...
 
Miss Daisy...
 
 
Miss Iris,
always intense!
 
the girls are coming up on their second birthday!
already!!
 
 
the Prince of the Pillow,
Randy...
 
Sweet Ballet Dreams...
 
 
the dreams of old dogs...
 
maybe the ballet of squirrel chasing?
 

could I resist a Cinderella moment
and not slip these tattered old shoes on my feet?
No..
 
they are a perfect fit,
so if you see the dents from ribbon laces on my ankles,
you'll know
I have been dreaming of my own little ballet...
 
My secret is safe with you...
right???
 
Today I am joining the fun at...
and
 
Thanks for stopping by....