Jan 22, 2013

My New Foyer Chandelier...


We have been busy 
with lots of projects around the house...

trying to get 
all the loose ends tied up,
before the spring...

spring clean up in the garden is a big job,
but one I am looking very forward to...


we bought this chandelier
right after Christmas...


for the foyer...


it started off like this
(I had already taken off some crystals here)

the bright gold and smooth plain arms
were very boring...


but I was completely smitten 
with these flowers,
and all the crystals!

do you see the rhinestone center of the flower?


they are attached like this,
with earring backs...

as a matter of fact I wonder if they are earrings,
added by some crafty lady long ago...


I used plain acrylic craft paints,
like I always do...


here is the before pic 
of the "candle"...



I used big fat drips of hot glue to create
the illusion of candle wax..

then just painted right over it...




I am loving the bling...
 

tonight I am joining...
Time Travel Thursday
and
 
Thanks for visiting me today...