Jan 21, 2013

Old Roses & New Roses...

 
It's still so cold here,
yet...
 
I see the tiny tips of green bulbs,
popping up in the garden...
 
the greening of the garden
 isn't going to happen fast,
yet,
 
it stirs my mind...



through the Winter,
I hold on to each bloom,
that comes my way...
 
bundles of spray roses always
seem to have a few broken heads,
I had been tucking them into this frog
on my kitchen window sill...
 

 
I ordered a bundle of new Rose Books...
 
something to cuddle up with
on cold nights...

 


I love to enjoy a little early spring in the house...
 
I just line my baskets with a heavy plastic garbage bag,
and tuck nursery pots right in...
 

 
 
Reindeer Moss,
hides all the inner workings,
 
and is so soft and fresh...
 
I save mine from year to year in a zip lock baggie,
it freshens right up
with a splash of water...
 

I am making my final decisions
on new Roses for the garden...
 
Don't forget if you order from David Austin's Catalog
by January 28th,
it's buy five get one free...
 

 
I plan on going vertical this year,
with some climbers
and ramblers...
 


Sir David Austin,
knows just how to make you feel like
you've stepped off of Downton Abbey...
 
Maybe,
Carson will serve tea in the garden this summer...
;-)
 
 
counting the days till fresh roses
bloom again...
 
 
Tonight I am joining,

 
Thanks for stopping by...