Feb 27, 2013

One Foot in Spring....

The seasons here change very slowly...
 
the signs of spring are everywhere,
yet winter is still holding on tight...
 
 
 
I added  Pussy Willow branches
to my tablescape today...
 
one foot in spring...


 
yet a hearty soup
 is whats on the menu...
 
the other foot in winter...
 

 
this starter set
of Black Transferware
was an after Christmas purchase...
 
four wide bowls,
a single plate,
and a sugar bowl or maybe a biscuit jar,
this was debated at the cute shop where I bought them...
 


my love for the rosy pattern,
non-debatable...
 

 
when I set the table,
I had only planned for White Roses
and Pussy Willow...
 
but then,
 I added the Pink Roses,
something warm,
on this very grey day...
 




 
 


 
I certainly don't shy away
from pieces doing double duty...
 
but, do question it's original purpose,
a tad big for sugar,
a tad small for biscuits...
 
(I will choose biscuits today)



 
 
 
 
wishing you a cozy night...
 
tonight I am joining...
and
 
Thanks for stopping by...