May 21, 2013

My Little Tree Peony...

It has been a busy month in the garden,
 
a record hot spell,
ended spring blooms too soon...
 
then heavy rains...
 
everything seemed to bloom
and pass in the wink of an eye...
 
 
these are actually photos
from a couple weeks ago!
 
I have some more spring blooms
I'll share soon too...
 
The Roses
 have just started this week!!!
 

 
my little Tree Peony,
is only a few feet tall...
this is his third year in the garden,
they are slow growers...
 
the first year only two blooms,
the second year four...
this year six!
 

 
 

 
giant fluffy grapefruit sized blooms...
 
they are short lived on the tree,
and usually I never get them picked before it's too late...
 
this year I pounced on them....


 
three went straight to my drying rack....
 


and three to the table...
 

 
buried in all the white fluffy petals,
at the heart of the Peony,
is a lilac center...
 
I love the way they bloom
 at the same time as the Lilacs
and make such a pretty pairing...
 
Thanks for Stopping by...

16 comments:

Myplace4tea said...

So beautiful! I love peonies and lilacs, and especially both together in an arrangement.
You have a lovely garden, Angela

One Shabby Old House said...

They are stunning! Oh how I wish I could grow peonies here in FL!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

It's all so stunning! What a wonderful variety that peony is. It makes for such a beautiful display. Love your drying rack too. I need one! I'm beat. Hope you're good! xx

Vesna Maric said...

They are beautiful! My Peonies are also in full bloom, I just adore them!

Roselle said...

One gorgeous vignette! My Spring blooms had a limited life too due to heavy rains and heavy wind. Oh well...that drying rack is gorgeous as are all your displays!

stefanie said...

soo beautiful!

Bente said...

LOVE, they are just beautiful.

Hugs

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Be still my heart...I love Peonies and it is too hot here to grow them ~ Yours is absolutely beautiful.

Pamela Gordon said...

Bella, your peonies are beautiful. I'll be curious as to how they dry. It's been rainy and cool here so we're still into tulips and daffodils, forget-me-nots and lily of the valley. The apple blossoms are coming on soon though. Blessings, Pamela

Karen Frost said...

They are beautiful, Bella! Like ballerina skirts! Such a lovely bouquet. It must smell divine with the lilacs. Hugs, xoxo

GinaBVictorian said...

Oh wow! Those two flowers do make a perfect pair, they compliment each other. That lilac color inside the peonies is gorgeous! So elegant. Thanks for sharing Bella. Gina

Cathy said...

Two of my favorite flowers. Beautiful bouquet!

Rosemary and Thyme said...

How beatiful. They are also two of my favorite flowers. I am waiting for my peonies to bloom. Any day now...

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I was so excited to see this post! I just planted three tree peonies (my first!) and I am so happy to have them. I think only one will flower this year. Thank you for sharing yours, they look amazing.

~Shanon

JP said...

Bella, the beauty of your garden has returned to reap it's gorgeous bounty and make me smile with your gorgeous photos. Thanks for brightening my morning!

Haworth said...

Your peonies are beautiful, Bella. I haven't had luck with mine but I have fingers cross't that I can make it happen. We've had just enough sun and rain to make the gardens exquisitely verdant this year. Yours is looking beautiful, too! I hope you enjoy the rest of your spring.