Jun 21, 2013

Weekend Hunting...

My favorite summer weekend activity,
is hitting the garage sales...
 
the thrill of the hunt...
 

a handful of pretty things,
makes my day...
 

 
last Fridays little stack,
four dollars...
 
a cheap thrill...
 
there haven't been too many sales around here
this year,
maybe it's a bit early,
or just too wet here still?
 


a pretty pair of rosy plates...
 
a nice way to make dinner for one
feel special...
 


 
little silver baby mugs...
 

make sweet vases...



the curvy mug
catches the prettiest reflections...
 

 
good luck,
finding whatever it is that thrills you...
 
Happy Hunting....

11 comments:

Tassell, Tea pot, and life down under said...

Lovely finds you've got there Bella. I love markets and garage sale as well.

Wishing you a good weekend

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

Bella,how pretty your little finds are. It's a lovely feeling to get such pretties. x

Janneke said...

Lovely and cheap finds you have got from the garage sale. These two silver baby mugs are so pretty, I should have been thrilled too to find them. Actually I still have my own silver baby mug which I use for keeping my silver teaspoons.
Have a nice weekend!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Beautiful!!

Darlene said...

I love pretty and cheap finds. You got some pretty items!! Take care, Darlene

Madelief said...

You did find some lovely things Bella. Love the rosy plates!

Happy weekend,

Madelief x

Karen Frost said...

You found some lovely little treasures, Bella. The silver cups and plates are just so sweet.
I am going to the Funky Junk sale at the fairgrounds Saturday, so wish me luck! Hugs, xoxo

Ineke van den Akker said...

SUPER! Love it!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Hiya! Such a pretty rose pattern on that china. Perfect for you. Nothing I would rather do on a weekend than find something exciting and cheap! haha!

Martha's Favorites said...

Nothing does my heart so good as finding a great treasure at a yard sale. I was hunting this weekend too. Love your treasures. Hugs, Martha

Haworth said...

What wonderful finds, Bella! The rose plates are lovely and I can picture them perfectly for a solo lunch or tea break under your arbor. I still have my own baby mug, and another silver cup that was part of creamer/sugar set... I use one for business cards and the other holds my sealing wax. Isn't it fun to find new uses for old treasures?