Jul 4, 2013

Happy Fourth of July...

The Fourth of July is very low key
around here...
 
the thermometer is going back down
 to the normal zone...
 
I'm going to be happy to spend the day in the garden,
and hanging out on the porch...
 

 
today, while I was watering the veggie garden,
daydreaming...
 
thinking,
it's almost time to harvest the garlic...
 
 I saw how the garlic blooms
looked like little fireworks bursting...
 
so I picked a bundle of them...
 

 
pulled out my summer blue Mason jars...
 
 
made very a very casual grouping for the table...
 

 
it feels like the simple,
low key days of summer have arrived...

 
Happy Fourth of July to all my friends
here in The States...
I am bloglovin'
and I'd love for you to join me...




13 comments:

Karen Frost said...

I love your fireworks bouquet, Bella! It is perfect! Happy Holiday - your day sounds perfect, too. xoxo

Anne said...

Love your fireworks bouquet it is beautiful!Blue ball jars and vintage blue bottles are a favorite of mine <3
xx
Anne

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Pertycool! Love that last shot. Really does look like fireworks! Very low key day here.... Glad you're cooling off. Happy 4th to you too!

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Happy Fourth! Lovely post, and I love the vintage jars!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I am enjoying the normal temps too--Happy 4th!

sandyland said...

they ddefinitely are exp[loding with pride!!

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Breath taking pictures as always.
Hugs~~ Daphne

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Bella: I just love using unusuals instead of your basic flowers. The garlic blooms look so pretty in the Bell jars. I scrolled down to your earlier post, which I missed, and that cupboard is really wonderful. It's a big project but will be well worth it and I can't wait to see..Happy Weekend..Judy

D. Jean Quarles said...

So simply lovely.

Debbie said...

There is something so perfect about the blue in the Ball jars, isn't there? Your images are beautiful, Bella. So glad you enjoyed your holiday weekend.
xo

White Lace and Promises said...

Don't you just love blue Mason jars! I have never seen a blue MOM bottle like the one you have. LOVE!

Cindy said...

Awwww... the little garlic blooms are so cute in the mason jars... it does feel like summer is finally here!

Cindy

Haworth said...

Such a pretty fourth of July display... they DO look like fireworks, Bella! Hoping you had a restful holiday and were able to spend lots of time in your garden.