Jul 22, 2013

I Love Lucy...

Sometimes
you just have to admit defeat
and move on...
 
I have been having a love / hate
relationship with my Cecile Brunner Rose...
 
Yes, she is a beauty...
 

but,  she has been completely
out of control...
 
there she is,
on the right,
whips flying in the air...
 
she is an early bloomer,
then the rest of the summer
we do battle...
 



so I headed North
to the Antique Rose Farm,
looking for a rose for my lattice...
 
(I have posted pics of the Rose Farm before here)
 
I fell in love with this beauty...
 


Blushing Lucy Rose...
 

 
I brought a pair home with me,
I can't wait to see mine loaded in blooms!
 
I Love Lucy :-)
 
 
 
the first blooms of new rose
Wisley...
 
Isn't Summer Grand!
 
I am Lovin' Bloglovin'
and
 I'd love you to join me:-)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by....

16 comments:

sandyland said...

IT HAS NO EQUAL MY AUNTS HAD IT WITH TRELLISES ALL AROUND..LOVE

zapach piwonii said...

Total unless miliom flakes, beautiful rose, greet

Janneke said...

Beatiful Blushin Lucy, should like to have it too.

Merlesworld said...

That is a beautiful rose.
Merle.......

Bernideen said...

I love them all!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh I would love a visit to a rose farm! Can't even imagine... Looks like you picked a winner. Pretty gorgeous. xx

Encre et Couleurs said...

What an appropriate name for this charming rose.

Gayle said...

I get it exactly. My Cecille Brunner is out of control all summer and we trim and trim. But once a year, she amazes us. I haven't the heart to tear her out, but I get it!

Madelief said...

Beautiful Bella!

Madelief x

GinaBVictorian said...

Beautiful roses Bella! So elegant looking. Have a great week.
Gina

Karen Frost said...

Such loveliness, Bella! xoxo

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Bella, I love Lucy is beautiful. I am going to be on the look out for that one. I've been pretty good about buying roses. There are a couple that are not doing well so it's bye bye time for them. I just give them to the gardener as his wife love them.
Thanks for sharing that stunning rose.
Mary

marijke said...

Never heard about this rose before Bella but she is wonderful.
Have a wonderful summertime.

Christine Graves said...

She is a stunner! and doing well I see....oh what great clipping you have...

XO,
Christine

Stacy said...

wisley is such a beautiful rose! It is on my wish list of roses.

Haworth said...

Ooooo... that new Lucy is so lovely, Bella! I wish you good luck with the two new bushes. And I hope you're able to tame Cecilia. She is such a beautiful rose.