Jul 11, 2013

Like Goldilocks...

I think a lot of my blog post start out
where I talk about the weather...
 
it's too hot,
it's too cold,
or most commonly,
it's too wet...
 
 
well,
I am feeling like Goldilocks...
 
it's just right!
 
 
I have been in the garden non-stop...
 
deadheading the first rose flush,
trimming,
endless weeding,
always endlessly weeding!

 
days of beauty,
days filled with peace of mind...
 
and a sore back,
haha!
 

this baby dove glided into my Pussy Willow tree
two days ago...
 
still unable to fly...
 
I read this is common,
the parents boot them out of the nest as soon as possible,
to keep them safe,
from predators...
 


 
the mother (or is it the father with Doves?)
 
sits on the power lines cooing,
coaxing,
but still tonight
the baby Dove sits in the Pussy Willow...
 


the girls turned two in the spring...
 
one of the things I learned about
sibling puppies,
 
is there is no way,
I could compete with the fun
they have with each other...
 
so, I don't believe they bonded with us as easily
as a single puppy would have...
 
this year they are more mature,
and have been more interactive
with the rest of the family...
 
Daisy has become my constant garden companion...
 


Iris has been very busy playing with Cosmo...
 

 
my lazy hangout....
 


 
the Hydrangea are popping open...
 
setting a Summertime Blue backdrop
 in the garden...
 

 
sweet sprays
of Fairy Rose...
 
 
we are all
dog tired around here tonight...
 
and it feels
just right...
 
I hope summer
is treating you "just right"  too....
 
I am on Bloglovin'
if you'd like to join me for blog updates,
just click...
 
I am joining Debra
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today...



22 comments:

Bente said...

Oh, I love your garden. It`s gorgeous. My roses has not come out yet.

Hugs

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Bella your garden is beautiful. The roses and hydrangea's are stunning. My hydrangea's didn't have as many blooms as last year.
Your babies are so cute.
Have a great weekend.
Mary

Janneke said...

Your Hydrangeas are already flowering, not here yet. You have a lot of weeding and deadheading to do, like me, I am dog tired in the evening too.(haha) Also tired of my dog, he is 11 and still hyper active. So nice to see your cute dogs on your blog in your wonderful garden again.
Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend in a lazy garden seat.

Betty said...

You have one of the prettiest gardens I have seen on blogville. I can also see the hard work you put into it.

Deborah said...

I love to see your blooms and I can only imagine how much love and care you put into keeping it so beautiful. ;)
It is always such a delight to drop in and see your haven!
I pray that little dove receives the corage and strength it needs to take flight. Isn't that awesome how the mother/father watches and waits and coaxes...love that.
Your dogs are so sweet...great companions for one another, and you're right, when you have more than one, they do have such a special bond with each other. Its wonderful.
We have 5 so we can see how they love each other and sometimes don't so much..lol
Have a wonderful weekend Bella!

All my heart,
Deborah xoxoxo

Susan said...

Great photos, Bella. Your hard work in the garden has definitely paid off! Beautiful.

Hope the little baby dove in the pussy willow tree gets brave soon and flies like an eagle! Susan

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Your garden is truly stunning.

Lavender Cottage said...

Hello Bella
Your roses and gardens are looking lovely. Nice to see the furbabies out helping you in the garden. Topaz is 10 this weekend and doesn't follow me around much anymore, I usually find him laying under a shrub in the shade.
Judith

NanaDiana said...

Your gardens are always such a feast for the eyes-no matter the season. I LOVE the pictures of the "babies" in your family!~ xo Diana

Rose L said...

The hydrangeas and roses are lovely!

i beati said...

I have rescued Italian greyhounds too Chiara, Pharoah, vONNI kARRINA, AND vIVVI

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh yes! I could hang out here. Nice that you are enjoying nirvana in your beautiful garden!

Gayle said...

Your garden is always an inspiration Bella. It is just lovely. Mine? covered with weeds over by the fence. Today I hope to WORK in the garden. (It is hard work!) Have a wonderful weekend!

Lemon Chic said...

you have a great blog ^ ^
you want to follow each other?
follow me and let me know with a comment
and follow you too :))


kisses
http://lemonchicbeautyfashion.blogspot.it/

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your flowers are so pretty--love the dove. The pups are so sweet--great photos. I do believe dogs with a canine sibling are happier dogs. Happy 2nd birthday to them :)

iris said...

hello
voici un jardin merveilleux
en couleurs pastelles
c'est superbe
j'espère que votre dos c'est bien remis
bonne semaine
gros calins ou chiens
tendresse
edith(iris) France

Madelief said...

What a delightful sunny day in your garden Bella. It all looks so beautiful and relaxing. Hope many more will follow!

Madelief x

Karen Frost said...

So beautiful, Bella! How sweet that you have a baby dove. No wonder it doesn't want to leave....it knows paradise when it sees it! The roses and hydrangeas are so lovely and your sweet pups, too. Enjoy these wonderful summer days - they are so fleeting! Hugs xoxo

Ivy and Elephants said...

Looks like you are enjoying a wonderful summer. Everything looks beautiful!
Hugs,
Patti

Debbie said...

Such lovely colors...your gardens are always such a treat, Bella.
I'm glad you are enjoying your summer.
xo

June said...

I just love coming to your garden Bella!!! You have such an amazing place of beauty. The roses are so pretty. I identified with the weeding, weeding, weeding. and the sore back :) but isn't it the best kind of tired in the whole world?
hugs from here...

Haworth said...

You have so many lovely areas in your garden to relax, Bella, but I agree that having a garden is such a lot of work! (The weeding, as you say, is NEVER done.) Your puppies are so dear.. I have a little cat from across the road who likes to garden with me when I'm outside. It's fun having that company, isn't it? :)