Jul 3, 2013

My Biggest (and Heaviest) Garage Sale Find...

 
As promised,
I am back to show my big garage sale find,
from a couple weeks ago...
 
 
first a few pretty small things,
like this sweet angel face...
 
 
a mirrorless handheld mirror...


I've been on the lookout for hatboxes,
and this one with soft pink roses,
was just right...
 
 
a sweet little sugar bowl...
 
 
these roses,
caused one of those blood pumping moments,
when you see something across the room,
and can't get there fast enough....
 
because you know
everyone else must want it too,
haha...
 

 
pie anyone?
really, isn't it perfect!
 

 
 

 
on to the big thing,
the heavy thing...
 

 
my new old kitchen cupboard...
 
yep, it's in my sitting room,
all we have to do is take out a load bearing wall (haha)
and into the kitchen it'll go...
 
this is that big remodel we have always toyed with,
now we have made the commitment...
 
it's shy of seven feet long,
the top is actually sitting upside down.
and will be hung in the kitchen at ceiling height,
creating a countertop...
 
it is so heavy,
there was a moment,
I didn't think I was going be able to lift the top up
 to sit on the bottom!
 
 
fabulous glass knobs...


 
this one knob has been replaced...
 
it's always the first reaction,
to look for a matching knob...
 
but, truly the beauty of it is the quirks,
the story...
 


speaking of the story...
 
in case you saw Daisy with Randy in a headlock
in the first pic...
 
I just wanted you to know
no dogs were injured in the making of this blog post...
 
their just weird like that...
 

 
 
Thanks for stopping by today...
 
Are You Bloglovin'?



14 comments:

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...


oh Bella what lovely finds. Love them all. I especially like your big chest - it's beautiful! Enjoy it.
The puppies are so cute. Mine are scared to death of the fireworks so I have to sedate them.
Love everything.
Mary

Karen Frost said...

Such sweet and lovely finds, Bella! The pie plate is just perfect for you! And the kitchen cupboard is amazing. I can just imagine how wonderful it will be in your kitchen! Your pup dogs are too cute. Happy 4th! Hugs, xoxo

Deb said...

That cupboard is beyond beautiful. What a great time you will have playing with that. Have fun...can't wait to see it in all its' glory. Deb

NanaDiana said...

BELLA (yes- I am yelling with joy) WHAT A GREAT PIECE! OMGosh- I would have snapped that up in a heartbeat and MyHero would have had a heart attack. What a WONDERFUL old piece. It looks like it might be from the 30's or 40's. Do you know any of the story behind it?

Your other finds are as romantically wonderful as always but this-well, this takes the grand prize! xo Diana

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Jimminy Cricket! That is one. fabulous. piece. Fantastic. Looks like something you might expect to see on some wonderful Scandinavian blog. Really worth knocking a wall out for. You must be thrilled! And that last shot of your pups is heavenly. So beautiful.

Laura's Rose Garden said...

HAH!!! Though shalt not covet thy blogging buddy's vintage kitchen cupboard!!!! I love it!! Fabulous find! I would have bought it also!! Can't wait to see your kitchen redo!
Hugs, Laura

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

Wow! That is the biggest yard sale find I've ever seen! How in the world did you get it home? It's gorgeous, so I can see why it made it home, no matter what! Love it! Can't wait to see what your plans are but I think that you don't have to worry about the header beam - just prop that big cabinet under the ceiling LOL! Kidding. Whatever you do, it'll be fabulous! Hugs, Leena

Rose L said...

I love your cabinet! And I adore the sugar bowl! I would have snatched it up!!

Angela said...

I love all your finds, from the sweet angel to the beautiful kitchen cupboard!
Even if it doesn't fit in your kitchen, I would be happy to keep it in any room.
The pink colors of the dish and sugar pot are perfect.
Thanks for sharing your treasures.
Hugs,
Angela.

Susan said...

Oh my GOSH, Bella. What a gorgeous piece you got for your kitchen. Loved it!

And the garlic tops DO look like little fireworks. How wonderful.

Hope your day was splendid. Susan

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Oh, bella - I dream of a lovely find like that - we have precious little storage space - that cabinet is just perfect - love all your finds! The dogs look great - they're too relaxed for there to be any scuffle :)
Hope you have a blessed weekend,
Kathy

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! It's wonderful! Now THAT is big! It looks like one of those pieces of furniture that you're glad no one gets hurt when they move it in! I have a piece that is huge too. I thought we were gonna have to take out our staircase to get it in the house! My guy had to pull it up the stairs and he and two other guys had to twist and turn it, i thought someone might die getting it in the house! I can't wait to see yours in place, i know you will make it insanely fabulous!

Cindy

Haworth said...

That is just such a wonderful storage cupboard, Bella! And those other items you purchased are beautiful, too. (I especially love that pie plate! Well done, you, for getting to it first!) Best of luck with the big project... I'm sure the new cupboard will look beautiful in your kitchen and give you much needed space. (And I know it's upside down but I kind of like it the way it is!)

heavensheartdesigns said...

I love the cupboard, and the china, and the vintage buttons, and the bird cage...and, and, and. It's so nice to see the romantic, vintage, rosey things come back into good graces. My friends and family thought me crazy when I had our living room painted a very PALE, blush pink. It's my favorite color and the dusty blue furniture and white woodwork are set off by the soft tone walls. Bravo, I'm going yard sale shopping this weekend, you've given me the bug!