Jul 2, 2013

Paradise...

When it get too hot...
 this wimp
goes on a little road trip...
 

somewhere cool...
 


 we headed to Paradise on Mount Rainer...
 

the road to Paradise is a beautiful drive,
 
and Joni Mitchell
always comes along singing in my head...
 
"oooh bop bop bop bop"
 


 
it was still in the high 80's,
but the cold breeze was delicious!
 
I saw a lot of snowball fights!
 

 
the box canyon
with it's 115 foot drop
and gushing water,
gets a lot of ooh's and ah's...
 
 
of course,
I love the flowers...
 
 
 thriving on the edge of the snow melt...
 
easy to know why it was named Paradise...
 




 
a chipmunk
joined us for lunch...
 
 
grey jay...
 

marmots were soaking up the sun...
 




"Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot"

Joni Mitchell
 
for all my friends
suffering in this sizzling heat,
I hope a cool breeze
blows through your Paradise today...
 
 
Thanks for road tripping with me....
 
 

17 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

What a great getaway! The flowers are just gorgeous as well as the mountain views! So glad you had a great time, Bella!

XO,
Jane

Bunny Jean said...

Hi Bella!

I miss "my" mountain SOooo much! July was my favorite time to visit because of all the pretty flowers.

Your pictures are fantastic! Thanks for a little bit of Paradise.

Xoxo Bunny Jean

Btw... it got up to 120 degrees here in the Palm Desert area last Saturday!

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

What a way to escape the heat... Such a gorgeous place
and your photos are stunning. Happy 4th, Mary

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow, these are beautiful pictures of this Paradise on Mount Ranier! It's just gorgeous there. I can imagine it would be a nice change to cool down from the heat. Have a wonderful 4th of July! Stay Cool.

NanaDiana said...

Thanks, Bella- You are NOT cute teasing us like that!!!!;>) Okay- maybe a little cute~ xo Diana

Sarah said...

Bella, this is a beautiful destination. We are having a real cool spell here in TX. I have to pinch myself to know it's not a dream.
Happy 4th of July! ~ Sarah

D. Jean Quarles said...

Love the flowers! How amazing. So much snow and still so green.

Heaven's Walk said...

There is so much beauty in America! I want to see more of it after reading your post today, Bella. Incredible!!! Thanks for sharing your roadtrip with us! Hope that it cools off a bit for you soon!

xoxo laurie

K. Barber-Flower Farmer said...

Love the pictures what a beautiful world we live in.

Merlesworld said...

I know why they call it Paradise, what a lovely place.
Merle.....

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh my goodness! So beautiful, but truly weird! Just the ticket for getting out of the heat. Go visit nature's refrigerator. All of our close mountains are utterly closed. Can't even drive in because of fire restrictions. Glad you had a good time!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Thank you, Bella, for taking us out of our misery HaHa! I could almost, but not quite, feel the cool breeze off the snow capped peaks. Looks like you had a good time and I wouldn't begrudge anyone to find their paradise..Happy Holiday..Judy

marijke said...

I heard on the news how hot it is in some parts of your country. I hope for the people temperatures will go down in short time. The vieuws you shared are breathtaking.
Have a wonderful day Bella

DILOU said...

De magnifiques photos, bonne journée

Rose L said...

looks so perfect! I now may take a drive up to Mt. Hood!!!

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

OH, how marvelous! Looks heavenly - I'd go there too!
Kathy

Haworth said...

Oh my! you are so lucky to have that "Paradise" near enough to enjoy during the hot weather. We suffered greatly here in New England, and sitting indoors with the shutters drawn and a fan humming was the only real relief. Your photographs are just spectacular! The flowers, the canyon, and the lovely birds.. just beautiful!