Jul 23, 2013

Too Hot to Sip...

In the summertime,
I drink my tea iced...
 


but,
I miss taking the time to enjoy
my pretty china cups...
 
so I have been making petite bouquets...
 

 
I propped up my paper parasol
and a delicious breeze
blew across the porch,
taking my parasol with it,
again and again...
 
it must be a Murphy's Law...
 
So if you are looking for a cool breeze
 on a hot afternoon,
maybe you should prop up an parasol?
 

a pretty hand painted mug...
 
although this isn't her work,
my Grandmother painted roses on china...
 
I remember as a girl
watching her working,
fascinated...
 


a pretty in lavender cup,
filled with Garden Phlox...
 


Huntington Roses
and sprigs of Obedience Plant...
 
as the name implies
you can bend the Obedience Plants blooms
and they will Obediently hold the shape...
 

 
amazing ruffled petals...
 

 
I hope you are finding a deliciously cool breeze
on these hot summer days...
 
I am joining...
 
I'm on Bloglovin"
I'd Love you to join me
just click
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today...

13 comments:

PastMastery said...

Parasol Bella...parasol.
Parasol ( against the sun ) for the sun.
Umbrellas are for rain. :)

Sorry to be so pedantic.

Suex

Bella said...

Yes Suex you are right! Parasol...
Hugs:-)

Janneke said...

Lovely this parasol against the sun. A very good idea too, but I am afraid I shall miss the breeze, over here it is unusually hot, about 35 degr. and no wind at all. The Huntingdon rose is wonderful!

Rosemary and Thyme said...

What a beautiful post. I love the parasol. What a charming idea. Your images are stunning.

Have a great week Bella.

Janet
rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

Bente said...

This is gorgeous. Love the photos.

iris said...

hello
chapeau ou parasol
pour admirer toutes ces splendides
roses aux teintes pastelles
je vpou ai " épinglé "
dans mon " Follow me on WE♥t
à bientôt
bisous
edith (iris) France

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

So beautiful and colorful this morning! The parasol lends a bit of the exotic. Love your pretty flowers in your pretty cups.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a beautiful post, Bella! I love your dainty posies in their china cups; exquisite presentations for a tea time! The parasol is a pretty touch too. Thank you for sharing and coming to tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Beautiful pictures. The roses are stunning and your beautiful painted tea cups.
I used to have an account the CA China painters Assoc. and the work that they did was outstanding. They painted me a few pieces and I dearly love them. I really liked walking through their show and seeing all the lovely work they did.
Thanks for the post.
Mary

GinaBVictorian said...

Bella, your photo styling is absolutely gorgeous!! The floral arrangements in those teacups are so elegant and with that parasol! Wow!
Thanks for sharing all that beauty!
Gina

Rose L said...

Lovely little bouquets!!

PamLuvsPink said...

Hi Bella!!!

This display is gorgeous!!!

Right away the beautiful hand painted china mug caught my eye. I love the sea foam green with the beautiful pink roses. The flowers in both cups are beautiful displayed and I had to chuckle about the paper parasol being blown away. I thought that only happens to me.

Thank you for such a beautiful Blog!!!

Pam

Haworth said...

Such beautiful vignettes, Bella. I'm always amazed at how early your blossoms show themselves. It's mid-August here and I'm still waiting for the Obedient plants to bloom!