Aug 7, 2013

A Few Good Finds...

We have been enjoying non-stop sunny days,
here in the Northwest...
 
 
along with the rain drying up,
so have the garage sales,
so it seems...
 
everyone must be out soaking up
the sunshine...

 
these are my few good finds,
from the last two Fridays...
 

a pretty pearl bracelet,
I thought it would make an
 oh so pretty
napkin ring...
 
vintage jewelry
is becoming harder and harder to find
at garage sales...
 



I picked up a yard of this
yummy hand crochet lace...
 
irresistible...
 


 
this was my favorite new find...
 
a German Sentiment Mug...
 


 
"remember me"
 
paired with  Mary Rose,
memorable for her amazing scent...
 

 
I love this pair of fluted silver vases,
filled with Memorial Day rose buds
and Snap Dragons...
 
the warm toned tarnish perfect for fall,
but for now,
I'll happily stash them away,
fall can wait...

 
for just a dollar,
I picked up this tone on tone
ruffled slipcover,
that fits my wicker ottoman perfectly...
 

 
and,  well...
 when the garage sales haven't been that good to you,
there is Etsy...
 
I couldn't resist this pink crown pin...
 

 
I thought it too
would make a cute napkin ring...
 
I haven't posted a tablescape in a long time...
I must have the need to get out the china
and dress up the table a bit...
hmmm...
 
Today I am joining...
 
Thanks for stopping by today,
it's always nice seeing you :-)

11 comments:

Karen Frost said...

Some very lovely finds, Bella! I really like the German sentiment cup - so sweet! Such a cute idea for using the jewelry as napkin rings, too. And the beautiful roses add that soft, romantic touch. Such beautiful weather - I wish it would last forever. Hugs, xoxo

marijke said...

I wish we had that garage sales overhere but helas we have not. You did find some beautiful things Bella.
Have a wonderful day.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Very pretty finds, Bella. Each piece is so classic and tasteful. The rose is beautiful with the mug..Happy Thursday..Judy

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

OMG! It's all so beautifully Rachel A.! Especially that gorgeous pin. The remembrance cup is so sweet. I would think that lace would make it all worth it! I'm happy if I walk away with just one perfect thing. Hope you're loving the sun too! xx

Janneke said...

I think you found rather a few lovely things on the garage sales and the Crown pin from Etsy, a beautiful vintage jewel. The lace and the mug are real treasure finds.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Lovely finds, all! I love the sentiment cup, so sweet and hard to find. And the pearls and lace, ....
gorgeous!
Hugs,
Patti

Debbi said...

that crochet is to die for...getting hard to find at the garage and estate sales tho..I spread the word at my church and get lots of mine from the ladies that don't know what to do with grandmas lace...they are so happy it is going somewhere that something beautiful will be created with it.

Rose L said...

Tomorrow in Oregon City is the beginning of a couple neighborhood garage sales!
Craigs list has the most garage sales listed each e=weekend. People are using it instead of the newspaper.

Frieda said...

Bonjour
J'aime la douceur de tes présentations
et ces bracelets perles me donnent de belles idées déco pour la table
Merci et belle journée
Frieda

Dawn said...

Oh so beautiful finds Bella Dxx

Haworth said...

Beautiful finds, Bella. You do have such good luck at the sales! I don't think I could have resisted any of those wonderful treasures if I'd seen them myself. Looking forward to how you might be using that lace....