Oct 1, 2013

A Bumpy Night...

Autumn came roaring into
my little corner of the country...
 
it was eager to get started and hasn't let up yet...
 
last night the wind howled,
the power was out
and a neighboring town
had a small tornado...
 
saying small and tornado together
seems strange,
but, here in the Pacific Northwest
tornadoes are rare
and damage is minimal...
 
still...
 

 
tea and pretty dishes seemed appropriate
after such a ruckus...
 

 
after running an errand this morning,
I dashed into the house,
quickly grabbing a few blooms
that had weathered the storm...
 

 
a tattered Eden Bud
and Beautyberry...
 


floppy...
 


I let my cherub compote
hold a big Honey Crisp Apple,
for a centerpiece...
 


baking is one of my favorite parts of Autumn...
 
Apple Scones
will warm you up every time...
 
here is the easy recipe I used...
 


 
I have been slowly working on filling my china cupboard
with Limoges China...
 
this set of Berry Bowls is my newest addition...
 
I bought them from the sweetest seller
I have ever met on Etsy...
 
Andrea at
spent the time to wrap all the little dishes
up so pretty and
really made it special...
 


 
for me
Limoges has the great quality
of being fancy and casual
all at once...
 
the way each dish in a set looks the same,
yet there are variances in the set,
 
see how one dish has a bud in the center
the other the back of a bloom...
 
a matched set
of mix and match...
 

 
fragile as an Autumn Rose in bloom...
 

 
petal scattering
with a gentle touch...
 


 
I hope your staying warm,
and if not something warm is baking
in your oven...
 
tonight I am joining
Sandy for Tea Time Tuesday
something yummy is always cooking over there...
 
 
Thanks for joining me today...

15 comments:

Bente said...

Beautiful roses and your china is so pretty. I must say I`m glad we don`t have tornados here,they are so very scary.

Hugs from here

Carolyn said...

Oh! Such a pretty post I love your new china - a whole cupboard full will be amazing!

I am going to make your scones, they look delicious - thanks for sharing the recipe.

Stay warm and cosy!
Carolyn

Snap said...

apple scones sound so good. thanks for the recipe. your new china is so daintily decorated -- romantic! happy tea day!

Bernideen said...

Your recipe looks terrific and I love this posting with the pretty china!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Bella, your Limoges teacup and berry bowls are just exquisite! Such a pretty post and I can just imagine a cabinet filled with this romantic china. The apple scones look wonderful and thank you for sharing your recipe. Glad you were able to rescue some posies too. Thank you for coming to tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

kerrie of sea cottage said...

Your roses and china are lovely. We have been having small tornadoes here in northern california where we dont have tornadoes too! We had one this year in the field behind our house. Our video footage was on the news! It tore down fences and roofs. But not ours thankfully. I love baking scones so i am going to try your recipe.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your little dishes are works of art. I love the details you mentioned, and I'm also amazed at all the variety of Limoges that there is out there. I'll have to check out that Etsy shop. I wondered how you were doing with the storm. I hope it has blown over.

Pamela Gordon said...

Beautiful photos of your roses and china. I love delicate pink and white china. I'm glad you didn't have any damage from the storm. We are enjoying some beautiful sunny and very warm (for us) days here in the east. Blessings, Pamela

Janneke said...

The applescones look delicious, but your Limoge china is really beautiful too. Stormy weather....I am not looking forward to it. Here it is often windy, but heavy storms occur mostly in November or February.

Karen Frost said...

Bella, I love how you weather a storm! Bringing in beauty and baking something to warm you up, all in such a lovely way. Your china is so romantic and so 'Bella'. Hugs xo

Cindy said...

Good that nasty old storm has passed and everyone is one piece! Your little dishes are so sweet, my goodness... and the Eden rose still looks pretty even a little battered...

Cindy

JP said...

Oh, it's so delightful to see your breathtaking photos...your dishes are just gorgeous!
JP

Martha's Favorites said...

Limoges is my all time favorite china. Every piece is just stunning. Yours, is no exception. They are amazing. Blessings, Martha

Rose L said...

I was at the coast near Astoria Saturday and Sunday as my sister and her hubby were camping there in their motor home. Her motorhome rocked so much in the strong winds!
It was the noisiest and rockiest night I ever had.

Haworth said...

Your Limoges dishes are such a lovely find, Bella. And tea and scones are a perfect antidote for a blustery Autumn storm. I'm glad you didn't have much damage. Over here on the East coast we have Nor'easters which can be truly window-rattling! Thanks so much for posting that recipe... I hope to try them this weekend.