Oct 2, 2013

Fragile Beauty....

Throughout the summer,
I have been gathering...
 
 
roses in apothecary jars...


then I started
just tossing petals
around,
letting them dry in place...
 


a sort of hoarding,
for the coming drought...
 

 

pretty paper roses,
in their cheerful simplicity,
always thrill me too...
 
I am very uncomplicated that way...
 


 
ombre roses on a platter...
 


the kitchen chandelier
often becomes
an impromptu drying rack...
 

 
buds served up
on a silver platter...
 

 
heads bent,
dried right in the vase...
 
graceful, 
fragile beauty
 
 
snips of lingering blooms,
tucked in creamers
on the kitchen window sill...
 
make doing dishes
a little more fun...
 
Thanks for stopping by today....



13 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh so pretty Bella...any which way...they are all so beautiful!

Deborah xo

Haworth said...

I love the way you've managed to hold summer captive, Bella, and so prettily. It reminds me of my favorite Sir James Barrie quote: 'God gave us memory that we might have roses in December.' Have a lovely week!

Lady of the Woods said...

how so very beautiful! I love it, great inspiration. :D

Bernideen said...

How lovely - charming!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

All the apothecary jars together are dazzling! And the dried blooms have a beauty all their own. Your wire lady vignette is dreamy too. It all makes a beautiful tribute to a summer past. xx

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your cloches and apothecary jars look so pretty grouped together with the rose petals scattered among them. I have a lot of dried roses too and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with them. I have a topiary tree filled with them along with fairy lights; very pretty. Perhaps I'll make a wreath with some of them. Thanks for sharing your pretty post.

Blessings,
Sandi

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I wish I would have dried some of my roses--yours are so pretty.

Bente said...

Gorgeous photos. Me too LOVE dried roses, and they are everywhere in the house.

Hugs from here

Cindy said...

Sooo pretty! It looks like a faerie mantel... love it...

Cindy

Karen Frost said...

Sweetness. xoxo

Lavender Cottage said...

Beautiful roses petals, sweet dreams from summer.
Judith

Amy Jo said...

What a great idea! The jar is so beautiful.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

JP said...

Always such a treat to see the beauty of your pastels, especially amidst this current sea of mostly autumn tones!