Oct 7, 2013

Picking Pumpkins...

Today was a gorgeous fall day....
 

so we decided to
pick the pumpkins...
 

 
this back corner of the veggie garden
is my little pumpkin patch...
 
this year
it overflowed...
 

 
literally,
they climbed right over the fence...
 

 
dangling...

 (Jarrahdale Pumpkin)
 
on surprisingly strong vines...
 
it makes me want to try growing them
vertically next year!
 
 
a pair of Porcelain Dolls
hiding among the vines...
 
the Pink Pumpkins...
 
this was the first year I grew this variety,
and they grew really well...
 
 
 
my bucket should have
overflowed with
little White Casper Pumpkins...
 
but...
 

a mouse
(or many mouses)
 
decided to make little houses out of them,
their bellies full of seeds...
 


 
after they were all picked,
there were nearly twenty...
 
so I am off to clean them up and decorate,
you'll be seeing more of them soon,
I'm sure...
 
Thanks for stopping by...

10 comments:

Deborah said...

Bella they are amazing!
Oh I cant wait to see how you decorate them!
I want to grow pumpkins too! Lol

All my heart,
Deborah xo

Pamela Gordon said...

Awesome! Love the pink ones. I must add pumpkins to my garden list for next year. I'll look forward to your decorating with them.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Well, such beautiful varieties you chose! I love the soft colors. They look gorgeous together. The little white ones would have added so much. But they do look like a fanciful fairy tale. They must be delicious for the little rascals. They will all look wonderful in your beautiful rooms. Fun to see your back forty too! xx

Janneke said...

You have grown so many different coloured pumpkins, wonderful! Very nice to decorate with and may be you can make pumpkin soup.

Merlesworld said...

Wow thats a lot of pumpkins lots of pumpkin soup.
Merle........ .......... ...........

A Garden of Threads said...

Wow, pink pumpkins. They look lovely with the white ones. Hope you are enjoying the week. Jen

Lynnie @ Vintage Gal Style said...

Hi Bella,

Oh, how lovely to have such a pumpkin patch, something I have always wanted but don't have the room for. I love all your special varieties you have, I almost love the gray one best but then again those pinks ones...
Hugs, Lynnie

Rose L said...

I have never seen the dark green ones before.Looking forward to seeing what you create. I bet you could make something from the nibbled ones, too!!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a grand bunch of pumpkins! They are so expensive in the store this year. I want to grow more next year for sure!

Haworth said...

Oh, what fun, Bella! I've tried growing a pumpkin only once, but the squirrels got to it before I could pick it. Yours are so lovely, and such wonderful colors. The mouse-eaten one looks like they ate a little doorway inside!