Dec 16, 2013

Christmas Sideboard...

I like to set my sideboard up
as a sweet bar,
for Christmas...
 
It makes sneaking a cookie easy..
 
 I also think so much work
 goes into Christmas Cookies
it's nice to have them out and seen...
 


I am just beginning to bake for this year,
so it's a little sparse still...
 
if you would like to see a Christmas Past,
 
this was also before
 I painted my sideboard,
so it's a little before and after too...
 

 
glittered stars
twinkle from the mirror..
 

all sorts of tree renditions.
line the upper sill...
 



my Victorian Scrap boy
and his swan,
take center stage...
 




since,
I've just begun baking...
 
vintage ornaments stand in as
low calorie sweetness...
 


 
I like to have at least one Candy Cane
each year...
 
I was thrilled to find PINK!
 
if you are looking
Whole Foods is carrying them this year...


 
small cut glass plates,
stood on end
with tea lights at their feet...
 
look so pretty...
 
 
as does this sugar bowl
with a tea light inside...
 
 
creating sparkle and drama...
 

 
my cake didn't make it to the sideboard
in time for photos...
 
but, I thought it was so cute
I wanted to show it off...
 
I used a cake stencil
from Martha Stewart...
 

Can you believe Christmas is almost here...
already!
 
I hope you are finding time to enjoy
all the beauty of the season...
 
I'll be at
and
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by....




























19 comments:

MY SHABBY FRENCH LIFE said...

I love your christmas decorations ! Everything seem to sing a nice Christmas carol together.. Love also sooo much the sparkly little dear (not dears here in France for Christmas decorating=
Hum and the cake : Can smell it from Paris !
xoxo

………….. ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
………….. ⋯ ✰ ⋯
………….. ⋰ ⋮ ⋱
……… …….*•♥•*
…… ……. *♥♫♫♥*’.
… …….. *♥•♦♫••♥*
……… *♥☺♥☺♥☺♥*
………*♥•♥#♠*♥#♥•♥* ‘
……..*♥♫♥♥♫♥♥♫♥♫* ‘
…….*♥♥☺♥♫♥♫♥☺♥♥*’
……*♥♥♣♫♥♣♥♥♣♥♫ ♣♥♥*’
….’*♥♥♣♥♫♥♥♫♥♥♫ ♥♣♥♥*’
….*~~**~~**~***~~**~~*
….(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
_____███████████
♥:♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥:

Joëlle

Crystal Grandeur said...

Beautiful decor for Christmas.your home looks festive.love the snow touch and those cute x'mas trees.The pine cones looks awesome.Have a joyful season...:):)

Linda said...

Oh, Bella! How you have inspired me today! Getting one of those cake stencils is at the top of my long To-Do list now...
I always LOVE seeing your Victorian boy/swan ornament, just precious. I've never seen anything like that around here or on my travels. What a treasure. I think I would take a thousand photos of him! Lol
Hugs and Merry Christmas,
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Lady of the Woods said...

Bella everything looks so beautiful. I love how you use simple things and make them look magical like tea lites in sugar bowls! love everything here. Enjoy your week.

BrocanteuseRose said...

Oh my, I want to put on a fancy pink ruffled dress, paired with sparkle shoes, and nibble up all those delightful treats!

BrocanteuseRose said...

Now that I checked out the link to the other Christmas post of all the goodies, I have to update my comment from before. Did I say nibble? I am afraid that is gobble everything is sight up, is more accurate. :)

Mari said...

I love how sweet and magical your home looks, and your cake turned not only yummy but so pretty.

Smiles~
Mari

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Pretty cake! How fun is that? Love your twinkly sideboard. It looks wonderful with all the sparkly glass! It's like a little fairy land. xx

Carolyn said...

I love how you have decorated your sideboard and that cake is perfection!

Carolyn

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, Bella, I am in love with your beautiful display. Everything is so magical, I could stare at it all day. I love how the chandelier reflects in the mirror, and the lace curtains, and how all your pretties sparkle and shine. So, so beautiful! Hugs xo Karen

Amy Jo said...

I love the pink candy canes! Your cake turned out very lovely.

Merry Christmas!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I much prefer your sideboard in cream, and it looks lovely decorated for Christmas.
The cake stencil is sweet - less calories without icing.
Merry Christmas.
Judith

NanaDiana said...

Oh My Goodness, Bella. That is simply beautiful. I have always loved your sweet home-but even more so dressed for Christmas. Love it! xo Diana

Alessandra said...

Your Christmas decors are marvellous and so fairy. You made a so sweet atmosphere
Kisses
Alessandra

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

As always Bella your decor is a delight. I want to change my decor now I've seen yours.:) Merry Christmas

Sherry Thecharmofhome said...

I was looking for stars in lights and I can't find any that are just white they are white and blue. I love your stars are they handmade? They are perfect. Your cake is awesome! A very magical corner! Would love to visit here for the holidays! Merry Christmas!
Sherry

Elizabeth said...

I'm visiting from a link at A Delightsome Life. Your decorations are gorgeous!!! Love the pink candy canes. Elizabeth from www.BeautyObserved.com

Heaven's Walk said...

Soooo beautiful, Bella! Sending you wishes for a merry Christmas and a new year full of peace, joy, and good health!! ♥

xoox laurie

Haworth said...

Just beautiful, Bella! That cake is so lovely, and your entire sideboard looks good enough to eat. Looking forward to my own baking this weekend. What a wonderful time of year! Wishing you the best as you finish making your own tasty treats.