Mar 19, 2014

Are you Ready for a SPRING Garden Walk?

 
Happy Spring!
 
 We have been having
a Beautiful Spring,
so far...
 

I would love to take you
on a walk around the garden...
 
come on we'll head to the back...
 


 
Hyacinths are the smell of Spring
to me...
 
each year I buy blooming pots
to keep them in the house,
and when the blooms are spent,
plant them in the garden...
 
so now I am lucky to have
lots of Hyacinths...
 



the Tete-a Tete are blooming
with their companion
flowers Anemone...
(a close up of the Anemone is a couple pics down)
 

 
we may be having a nice Spring...
 
but this is the Northwest
and everything is mud splattered...
 


 
the Anemone...
 


 
the first Daffodil popped....
 

 
Muscari,
or as commonly known
Grape Hyacinth...
 
are very common here...
 
so common that when I moved here
and started landscaping
my barren at the time yard,
a neighbor brought a grocery sack full of bulbs...
 


I cheated on Mother Nature
a bit,
and added some potted Tulips
to my back garden...
 
 
I prefer adding bulbs
this way,
 
because,
 I can never decide where to plant them in the fall
when the Spring flowers
are only a memory...
 


this Spring we have had very little frost,
so the Camellia
are looking the best I have ever seen...
 
 
usually they get quite
a bit of frostbite...
 







this New Dawn Viburnum
is new to me and still in the nursery pot...
 
the Hummingbirds
are thrilled with the new addition...
 


the Anna's Hummingbird
 is a year round residence here...
 
 
and this King Edward Flowering Currant,
is the first natural source of food
 for them in my garden....
 
 
the Currant Trees also
grow wild in the foothills nearby...
 


a close-up...
 


 
pink flowering Thundercloud Plum Trees
and nearly blue skies....
 



the White Magnolia
against a glorious blue sky...
 
 
The bluest skies you've ever seen are in Seattle
And the hills the greenest green, in Seattle
Like a beautiful child, growing up, free an' wild
Full of hopes an' full of fears, full of laughter, full of tears
Full of dreams to last the years, in Seattle
. . . in Seattle!
                             Perry Como
 
I think this is only true,
because when we see blue skies
we notice,
haha...

 

 
a garden companion
coming in for a song and a bath...


the evening serenaders
have laid their eggs
on the aquatic Celery...
 
these will be Pacific Green Tree Frogs...
 


cheerful Primrose...
 


 
Rockcress,
spilling out of it's mud splattered white pot...
 

 
 I hope you have enjoyed
walking with me in the garden,
 
I was so glad to have you along....
 
I am linking up to...
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by...

26 comments:

Susan said...

Oh Bella. What a delightful tour! Oh, I could almost smell those beautiful flowers.

And I LOVE muscari. I'm HOPING a bunch I planted last fall will come up this spring.

Thank you for your lovely tour.

No spring here in western Mass yet but we are all hopeful. Susan

Beatrice Euphemie said...

I so enjoyed walking along with you in your lovely garden, Bella! Everything is so pretty - I love your pink tulips and think that is a wonderful idea to plant them while they bloom! Your camellias are so gorgeous, too. Isn't spring wonderful? xo Karen

gibbygoo56 said...

Bella,
I've been anxiously awaiting your garden in spring! I love your posts.
We are still getting snow here in Virginia and may get more next week. I'm happy your spring is so beautiful.
Your garden is so inspiring to me as we are working toward our own little garden of Eden. We began redesigning our yard rooms last year and have so much to do. We have a pavilion to finish and more planting to get done.
Your photos remind me of the Maymont Garden and Flower show in Richmond, Va. You have perfection in every little corner! I will be showing these photos to the hubby and bring him along on this journey of Bella's Garden. Thank you for the visual delight. Pamela

Janneke said...

Ever so beautiful Bella, your lovely porch/verandah with the Camellia in front, your Muscaris, Tulips and so on. It looks so fresh and full of springcolour.
Wish you happy gardening in these days, we have nice weather too.

JP said...

Bella,
I loved my garden walk with you...it was beautiful and a little bit sad. It reminded me of all of my plantings that will soon be popping at our home in the north. Our rental home here doesn't have as much, although we do have two, beautiful, deep red camillias and about 40 large, pink azaleas that should bloom in the next few weeks. I can't wait for that show. I hope to snap some pics and share that post with you :)
JP

Bobbie Lynn said...

What a beautiful garden you have.
My little garden here in Southern California is popping with color. My roses so far are doing wonderful.
Thank you for sharing your amazing spring garden.
Have a lovely day.

K. Barber-Flower Farmer said...

Bella as usual lovely photos and that camellia is beautiful. I love all the pinks put them in an arrangement I bet I would be very pretty.

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Good morning, Bella. There are no words to express how much I've enjoyed this walk! So many beautiful blooms and the COLOR!
We still have snow on the ground, but the birds are slowly returning, and it is so wonderful to hear them singing in the forest.
HAPPY SPRING!
~ Lin

The Chick Voice said...

You brightened my day. Just so beautiful and colorful. I'm envious of the variety and colors. Hope you don't mind, I linked to you on my spring post today, we've got a ways to go here in Colorado before we see any green. Sure enjoyed yours!

Elizabeth N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth N said...

I enjoyed visiting your garden today! It is so lovely. I am in northeast Ohio and have quite the wait until all of my flowers will be blooming!

I followed your link-up from Home and Garden Thursday.

Alessandra said...

Thnaks for delightful tour. Your garden is gorgeous and your porch is so beautiful.
Kisses
Alessandra

Merlesworld said...

pretty pretty flowers
Merle.........

mariondee-designs said...

I really enjoyed your tour.. your garden is delightful! We are in Autumn here now.. the garden will be winding down soon, so am looking forward to all your garden pics.. take care, Maryann

Deborah Montgomery said...

Thank you for the lovely tour Bella! Everything is so beautiful. We still have snow on the ground; it's hard to believe there are flowers anywhere! Soon it will be our turn! those camellias are stunning. and you have such a beautiful variety. Happy first day of spring!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your gardens are beautiful! I like your idea of "cheating" with the potted tulips. I love that pink color. Enjoy!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh the camellias! So gorgeous! Such a variety of bloom you have already. Planting the tulips already in bloom is a clever idea. A great way to get a jump on things too. Hope you're loving it! xx

Rose L said...


wow! The garden sure is blooming a lot for so early in spring! Lovely!

Alison Agnew said...

Oh my goodness-your lovely garden is in full bloom! I'm quite jealous, as we are still in the throes of winter here, with not a hint of green to be found. Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

Alison
Nancherrow

Cynthia said...

It's so beautiful. I love Seattle for the fact that you can garden for so long in the year. It truly is the "Emerald City". Here in N.E. Ohio, I am just seeing the first sign of our early risers, the Snowdrops which are usually up in late February. . .it's been a very long, very cold Winter here. So, we'll be delayed with blossoms and blooms, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy seeing the gardens of those who have something now! Love your idea of planting the tulips now, where you want them. I am going to borrow that idea. Have a great day!

Haworth said...

Your garden is just so beautiful, Bella, and so alive with color so early in the year. How lucky you are! It makes me impatient for our New England spring to finally bloom. Wishing you a lovely weekend.

Brooke Kroeger said...

This is so pretty! I hope you will share it at my NEW 'Home Sweet Garden' link up party every Tuesday starting April 1st! Love your shares... Happy Spring! Brooke www.creativecountrymom.com

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Your garden is absolutely enchanting, Bella. I am delighted to share that your post will be featured in this week's Home and Garden Thursday,
Kathy

Debra Oliver said...

Bella, what a joy that was walking through your beautiful garden! your photos are equally amazing!

Susan Clayton said...

Sigh! It's 20 degrees here ....

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

LOL it is hard to believe this is actually happening somewhere :)
It was 13 degrees the other morning here and snowing

LOVED your garden tour! :) I think I felt sunlight and warmth for awhile there :)