Jun 23, 2014

After the Rain...

Last week,
late Spring was interrupted by a string of
wild windy wet days...
 
not that such weather is without it's pleasures..
 
I cozied up and spent a few days quietly
wandering around the house...
 
sometimes,
 I feel I miss my house in the summer,
since so much of my days are spent outside
 

 
the garden was left tattered...
 

 
then nature flipped the switch
and the cloudy days blew away...
 
the Mount Rainier view from my porch...
 

 


after a big prune
the garden began to tidy up...
 

 
 Glorious,
Ballerina Roses...
 


James Galway... 
 


 
the garden drank up all the rain,
lush and green abundance...
 


 
tiny Achillea
up close...
 


 
Feverfew...
 

 
my front porch washtub planter,
now in it's prime...


 
Valerian on the fence line...
 




Cupid's Dart....
 

 
a bundle,
salvaged from the big prune...

 
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature
 is that all of us tend to put off living.
 
We are all dreaming
 of some magical rose garden over the horizon
 instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming
outside our windows today.
Dale Carnegie


 
Don't Forget to
Stop and Smell the Roses...

13 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your garden pictures are always so lovely! That washtub planter is so pretty--the colors are my favorite! I will have to plant something like that too :)

Janneke said...

I love your garden pictures and I feel the same: spending every day in the garden, we sometimes long to spend some more time inside for which we keep the rainy and stormy summerdays. And then after storm and rain we have to start again pruning and tidying up. Are'nt we a bit crazy, haha.

Bernideen said...

Each photo is a feast for the eyes! So lovely..............

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

OMG! Love your porch washtub filled with flowers. Love the fence line pics. I had no idea Mt. Hood was in your front yard! I was wondering if you had gotten any rain. Everything is looking fantastic!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Ya,ya, I meant Rainier! :0)

Pamela Gordon said...

Your gardens and flowers are so gorgeous, Bella! I love the pinks and blues. What a view of Mount Ranier with all the snow on it's peak. I guess it can make you feel cooler. :) Have a wonderful week. Pam

Alessandra said...

Your garden pictures, your flowers, your roses are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing this wonderful show!
Kisses
Alessandra

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It's all so beautiful, Bella, but your washtub planter is just stunning!

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Oh just so beautiful - what a lovely lovely garden you have. WOW.

And that view? I actually went and made my husband see what YOU see from your porch. Stunning is the word. I live in land locked flat Ohio. Need I say more?

Oma said...

What wonderful photos, your view is nearly as stunning as the fence full of flowers, or those roses!!!!
Working in the garden is not my cup of tea, but I am learning to keep the rose bushes healthier. I do enjoy all those blooms. Now to get more photos...
http://www.omastitching.blogspot.com

Shirley Blue Gate Farm said...

Love your garden and what a beautiful view of the mountain. Yes, stop and smell the roses where you are!!!!!! Dale had it right on.

Karen said...

I know this is so late but do you remember what you put in that galvanized tub???


It is breathtaking. Please tell me.

Thank you.

Lovely

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Karen! I hope you find your answer here because I can't find another way to contact you...
The wash tub has Geraniums in the background, two tones of Bacopa in the front and the little wisps of grey foliage in the front are Silver Falls Dichondra (the dichondra will grow all the way to the floor and look fantastic!).
Thanks for asking :-)