Jun 24, 2014

Garage Sale Finds...

If you were a reader
of my blog
in summers past...
 
you would probably remember
how much I love garage sales...
 
maybe?
I have talked about them too much
 in the past...
 

 
I haven't really shared
any of my finds with you this year...
 
the sales have been
so slow...
 
I hope you
are having better luck than me!
 


 
a trio of mix and match dishes...
 
the platter and green plate are Limoges...
 
the little soap dish unmarked,
but not unloved....
 


 
I have wanted a cheese dish forever,
I have no idea why!
 
but, they are just so quirky!
 


 


 
and well,
you know
 I can't say no to pink roses...
 


 
a compote
that will be so lovely in the fall
and maybe with roses now too...
 



 
a set of pressed glass tumblers,
they catch the light so pretty...
 


 
and,
make a pretty good impromptu
hat stand too...
 
old millinery is so romantic...
 


 
this blue hat just pops
and makes me think,
maybe,
 I need a little blue in my life...
 


 
this sweet cherub bowl
 was an early find...
 

 
the Mother of Pearl buttons
I found last weekend,
and the pretty cameo too...
 
I have made a couple bigger finds too,
I'll share one next week...
 
the others are stashed away 
awaiting their makeovers...
 
I hope the sales have been good to you!
 
I am linking up to...
 
Thanks for stopping by today....

20 comments:

Rose L said...

I love the cherub bowl and the cameo inside on the buttons!!! So lovely!

Oma said...

The Cameo is to die for, and well, I am a lover of dishes, no matter if they match or not. Your photos are always exquisite...I must take more.
I always enjoy your blog.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

You have found some lovely treasures! They are perfectly, Bella! Beautifully photographed. xo Karen

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

I am in love with all these such pretty finds. Well done.

House and Garden Boutique said...

Love the glass compote.....can't wait to see it full of rose petals! Lynn

Carolyn said...

I love all your finds! Maybe,I should cancel my tours on Sat. and go to yard sales instead

Carolyn!

Alessandra said...

Beautiful finds, especially the cherub bowl and the gorgeous cameo
Kisses
Alessandra

Bobbie Lynn said...

Wow! what great finds. Have fun using them. The hat would have been one that I would have purchased too. Love the flowers on the vail. : )
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Prairie Patch Quilts said...

So many pretty finds. Love the cameo and buttons; and all the dishes are lovely. I will never get tired of looking to see your great finds. You do take beautiful pictures.

Susan said...

Thump thump thump goes my romantic heart when seeing your dreamy finds, Bella.

Ahhhhh, we have similar tastes. That compote bowl? Filled with fat pink roses? Swoonnnnnnnnnnn. Susan

Madelief said...

You found some beautiful things bella. Love the cheese dish and the plates! A beautiful cameo too!

Happy day!

madelief x

Janneke said...

That cheese dish is such a treasure, love the roses on it and the little soap dish also a beauty.
You are so good in finding pretty things.

Matilda said...

Una entrada preciosa , las fotos son bellisimas, bs.

Shirley Blue Gate Farm said...

Love the cheese dish and cover. I love roses, too!!!! I buy items with pink roses just like you do!!!!

Shirley Blue Gate Farm said...

Love the cheese dish and cover. I love roses, too!!!! I buy items with pink roses just like you do!!!!

Deborah Montgomery said...

So many gorgeous finds Bella! I love the little cherub dish, the cheese dish, the compote, all so pretty, and beautifully photographed.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love your pretty plates and the cheese dish the best! I have a hard time passing up vintage glassware too. I haven't been out looking for awhile. This gives me the itch! May be slow, but you didn't do too bad! xx

Sarah said...

Sweet finds, Bella. I got lucky at a recent estate sale, but haven't been to many sales this year. I mostly shop thrifts. Enjoy your summer and happy garage sailing.

Seawashed Kerrie said...

The limoge dishes are my favorite but everything you have found is delightful. Now they have a home in your Rose Cottage. xxo

Kathy Moreland said...

You have found some fabulous things! I love the cheese dish so much!