Jun 5, 2014

Peony Bouquet...

Each year is different in the garden
and that is what keeps it exciting...
 
it keep you on your toes...
 


this year,
the Peonies grew so tall and lanky,
a good foot and a half taller than usual...
 
then they just toppled over,
none too gracefully
I might add...
 


it was a good reason
(as if,  I needed one)
to just pick an armload
for the table...
 


sprigs of Ladies Mantle,
make a pretty and frilly companion...
 



 

 To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers
 is a delectable form of defeat.
~Beverly Nichols~
 
Always take time to Smell the Roses Peonies...



10 comments:

POIROT said...

How wonderful the peonies are!
I do really love them.

Bobbie Lynn said...

What a gorgeous bouquet of ponies. I wish I could grown them in my garden. I will enjoy yours.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Bobbie Lynn

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

How scrumptious are those pink peonies, Bella! I enjoyed looking at all your roses too in your previous posts. Your garden is a real haven for the soul! Thank you for sharing all this beauty with us and have a splendid weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This is one fabulous bouquet! Love that porch rail in the back. Lovely photos. Happy Friday!

Alessandra said...

This is one of the most beautiful bouquet i've never seen before. These peonies are just gorgeous
Kisses
Alessandra

Carolyn said...

Beautiful once again!

Have a good weekend!
Carolyn

Madelief said...

What a beautiful varsity op peonies you have in your garden Bella! I had the same problem with my peonies as you. I think when they are like that, cutting them to put in a vase is the best thing you can do!! Your bouquet looks very pretty!

Happy weekend!

Madelief x

Deborah Montgomery said...

gorgeous blooms Bella. thanks for sharing all the loveliness with us!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Just beautiful! The shades of pink are gorgeous.

Shirley Blue Gate Farm said...

Oh, how is wish Peonies grew here!!!