Jun 3, 2014

Roses in the Back...

 Are you ready
to see the Roses in the back?
 
most of the established Roses
are in their first flush...
 
 
my old Rainier Cherry Tree,
isn't the prettiest of trees...
 
so I planted a climbing rose on it last year,
I'll show you a close-up a couple pics down...


 
this iron bench
was a Spring addition to the garden...
 
we had an old wood bench under the tree...
 
but, 
I love the way the white pops out...
 

 
the climbing Rose is
David Austin's
Paul's Himalayan Musk Rose...
 
it will grow to thirty feet,
the blooms start off blush pink and fade to white...
 
I have three more of these booming on the patio,
I'll show you the patio Roses soon...
 



up in front here,
is David Austin's
Princess Ann...
 
I have added forty David Austin Roses
over the last three years,
and couldn't be happier,
they just get better each year
and love my North West climate...
 




 
these Gertrude Jekyll Roses
at the back of the gazebo
were my first David Austin Roses...
 
and are one of my very favorites...
 

 
Gertrude and friends...
 



David Austin's
Mortimer Sackler...
 
 
Mortimer up close...
 

 
David Austin's
The Wedgewood Roses...
 
it make my heart skip a beat
 every time I see it...
 
It's a young and very lanky rose,
for now it's leaning on the gazebo rail
and being assisted by a Hollyhock...
 
I am trying to figure out what it wants...
 


it is completely worth the effort,
sigh...
 

 
besides the Roses...
 
I was surprised to see the Hydrangea,
beginning to color up....
 


 
the exotic
Oyama Magnolia in bloom...
 


 
the Deutzia are also beginning to bloom...
 

 
 
 
isn't June fabulous?
Iris certainly thinks so...
 
I am linking up to...
and
 
Take Time to Smell the Roses...

29 comments:

Janneke said...

June is fabulous Bella, your garden looks so lovely with these beautiful roses and of course dog Iris. Paul's Himalayan Musk looks great in the tree. Love 'Gertrude and her friends', this rose also was one of my first Austin roses and an all time favourite. Your Wedgewood is a beauty too, shall I put it on my wishlist.....
Wish you happy gardening together with your dogs in fabulous June.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the lovely pictures and a tour. It made me sigh and take a pause!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the lovely pictures and a tour. It made me sigh and take a pause!

Marielle Collins said...

Your Wedgwood Rose is gorgeous, it has the most perfect blooms...

Bobbie Lynn said...

Bella your garden is so beautiful. I would never come in the house. You make me want more roses.
Thanks for the photos and have a wonderful day.
Blessings!

Merlesworld said...

Those roses are very beautiful.
Merle,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BrocanteuseRose said...

I love your roses!!! I could just turn into a fairy and live in your garden forever! :) The climbing rose in the tree, it doesn't mind the shade? I have several places that are shady and I would love to plant a climbing rose there. I thought they wouldn't bloom because of the shade. Could you recommend climbing roses that would do well in shade for at least part of the day?

SHERRY said...

Everything is just breathtaking. I have always wondered what your backyard looked like when you first moved into your house years ago. You have a picture of the front of the house, but nothing of the yards. Did you and your Mr design all this beauty on your own.
Sherry

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

well yes I am WOWED!!! Just stunning photos of your garden. I LOVE the roses next to the foxglove. Love the climber. I didn't lnow you have that fabulous tall hedge. Really exciting views here! xx

Carolyn said...

Your garden is amazing and I love your new bench.
My Paul's Himalayan Musk died over our cold winter this year...sadly.

Carolyn

basi basilyus said...

her zamanki gibi muhteşem...

Bente said...

Oh my, your garden is so gorgeous. I love your roses and I`m still waiting for mine.

Big hug from here

Liz Hockamier said...

Gorgeous! Just Gorgeous! :)
Great idea planting the climbing rose on the tree.

~Liz

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Bella, your garden is stunning!
I love your David Austin roses. I have about 10 - love how the smell and all the petals they have.
Your garden should be in a garden book it is so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing your garden with us.
Mary

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I always enjoy seeing your DA roses Bella, and wonder if you have The Mayflower? I won it as a door prize and it was shipped to me last month. Perhaps it was chosen because of our cold winters as they knew it was coming to Ontario. It's my first DA, so I look forward to the same beauty you share with your roses.

Felicia said...

beautiful garden photos.

CIELO said...

What a lovely lovely garden you have... I totally agree with Iris! ;) Happy happy. Oh it reminds me so much of our house in the roses... nostalgic feelings indeed.

Enjoy every minute

Cielo

JP said...

Your roses and foxglove are just superb!
I haven't gotten your post notifications in a really long time and just spotted this post on FB.
JP

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Oh my gosh, your roses are stunning, Bella! They are all so beautiful and I'm sure it is a pleasure to walk through your garden. At our old house I had several rose bushes; nowhere near what you have planted but I just loved seeing them blooming.

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh Bella - the photos you shared of your gardens and roses today were like a balm to my soul. You have such a green thumb and quite the artist's eye in placing your plants. So very beautiful! You are my inspiration.

xoxo laurie

The Charm of Home said...

How beautiful Bella. Yes, the David Austin roses are so worth the effort. Thanks for sharing your garden.
Sherry

The Charm of Home said...

How beautiful Bella. Yes, the David Austin roses are so worth the effort. Thanks for sharing your garden.
Sherry

The Charm of Home said...

How beautiful Bella. Yes, the David Austin roses are so worth the effort. Thanks for sharing your garden.
Sherry

Rose L said...

Man, you have a gorgeous garden!!!

Susan Stillwell said...

I want to sit on that beautiful white bench and pet precious Iris and her siblings, and then stroll around your breathtaking grounds!!!

Alessandra said...

I really love your roses and your garden is a paradise. I'm curious to see your patio
Kisses
Alessandra

Art and Sand said...

There are honestly not words to express the beauty of your garden.

Oh, I can hardly wait until my puppy outgrows digging up our garden!

SANDRA WHITE said...

Just breathtaking.

SANDRA WHITE said...

Just breathtaking.