Jun 1, 2014

Surf and Sand...

These last days of May
have been beautiful...
 
I have been lucky that my Mr.
has had some time off...
 
a little R & R...
 
 
 
we decided to be local tourists,
Washington has a lot to offer...
 
I never like to wander too far,
I like my own cozy bed too much...
 
we spent a couple afternoons
 at beautiful Pacific Beach...
 
 


nothing is quite as grounding to me as the ocean...
 
this former California girl
misses it...
 


the energy,
the dazzling sparkle of the water,
the taste of salt air,
the lullaby of the waves...
 
it never fails to rock my soul...
 






a beachfront charmer,
greyed to perfection by the salt air...
 

 
with the sand dusted from our toes,
we are back at home...
 
I have lots of catching up
to do,
on-line and in the garden...
 
the Roses look amazing this year,
I can't wait to share some pics with you...
 
Thanks for stopping by....



10 comments:

MY SHABBY FRENCH LIFE said...

So nice sea side !!! I'm a little like you as I often say I travel in my mind ! the only place I feel at home is the marvellous Venice, as if in an other time I lived there.
xoxo from PARIS (in the spring)

Junkchiccottage said...

Bella,
Your photo's just put us all there with you. They are so wonderful. You captured the beauty so nicely. Glad you had a great couple of days enjoying some of nature's best.
Kris

BrocanteuseRose said...

A sand dollar how lucky a find! I always come home from the beach with a collection of shells and so far not a sand dollar in the lot of any of them!!! :)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Ah the beach looks wonderful! It's been too long since I spent some time taking it all in. Lovely photos. Welcome back! Can't wait to see the roses! hugs

NanaDiana said...

How wonderful that you were able to get away for a couple of days. The ocean always calls my name,too. xo Diana

Alessandra said...

Your photos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing these such beautiful places
Kisses
Alessandra

Rosemary and Thyme said...

I love the ocean. One of my favorite places to visit. I am spending this weekend at the Jersey Shore and I can't wait. Looking forward to some much needed rest. Your photos are truly beautiful. It almost made me completely relaxed on a Monday... Have fun with your roses. Mine are in their full glory right now. Such a feast for the eyes and soul. I just posted some photos of my roses. I hope you can stop by for a peek.

Wishing you a happy week,

Janet

Rose L said...

Wow! You found a whole sand dollar!! That is cool. Glad you took a break!

Seawashed Kerrie said...

As much as I enjoy seeing your roses, I so enjoyed seeing your sea. Beautiful.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Oh you don't need to leave home if that's in your backyard! Beautiful pictures. I love a walk on the beach. that cottage with the flowers is charming!