Sep 21, 2014

A Dahlia Display Garden...

 
A couple weeks ago,
I visited Port Gamble Washington...
 
It's a beautiful historic town
I like to visit in the Winter...
 
I shared a post on a Christmastime trip
to there a few years ago,
you can view it here if you like
and enjoy a town tour...
 
 
on this trip,
it was all about the Dahlia's...



the town Post Office,
had a wonderful garden...
 


 
behind the post office,
 
the local Dahlia Society
had a big display garden...
 


a rainbow of color...
 





 
I am sure you can guess,
the pinks were my favorites...
 





 
or maybe,
 the purples were my favorites...
 


 
I think with Dahlia's
there truly is something for everyone....
 
 
they come in such a variety,
of colors,
shapes and sizes....
 


 
I hope you had fun
coming along...
 
I thought it was a nice last nod to Summer,
where did the time go?
 
Thanks for stopping by....

12 comments:

Alessandra said...

Ohhh...thanks for sharing this such romantic place. The dahlias are gorgeous and their colours are so lovely.
Kisses
Alessandra

La Vie Quotidienne said...

I love Dahlias and I never seem to get them properly staked, I looked closely at these and it has given me ideas for how to do it properly next year. Thank you!

Madelief said...

The Dahlia's look amazing Bella. I would have loved to accompany you to the garden. I think I would find it difficult to decide as well which colour would be my favourite :-)

Happy week!

Madelief x

Bobbie Lynn said...

Simply beautiful. I fell in love with Dahila's when my husband and I took a trip up to Northern California to visit Carmel Mission. They had some there but not as many as the garden you posted. What beautiful colors and shapes they come in. Thank you so much for sharing your visit to Port Gamble. Have a beautiful Fall.
Blessings!

Pamela Gordon said...

These are gorgeous! What a wonderful and large garden-ful of dahlias. They truly are beautiful. Happy fall to you.

Debbie said...

I had no idea Dahlia's came in such interesting shapes! Thank you for taking us along on the tour, Bella.
It was beautiful!!
Debbie
xo

gibbygoo56 said...

Your top photo is divine! I love the composition of that shot. Thank you for showing the gardens filled with dahlia. I adore them. You always inspire me. Thank You! Pamela

THERESE said...

Une pure merveille. Il y a des couleurs sublimes . J'ai adoré, merci pour cette bien jolie balade. Bon aprés midi

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Gorgeous! The variety is wonderful. What a delightful place to visit. Lovely to come along.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Just beautiful! One of my favorite flowers. One year I bought a whole bunch of different dahlia tubers and planted them throughout our back gardens at our old house. I had many different heights, colors and varities; it was a gorgeous display. Seeing these pictures makes me want to do it again!

Gayle said...

OK, this is on my list for next year. Wow! There is a small farm in Enumclaw that is simply spectacular. I love to go visit that one.

PamLuvsPink said...

Hi Bella!!!

What beautiful flowers!!! I love pink as well, but, then every picture you showed, I was like, 'Oh my, look at that colour!!!'

I love little towns and being up here in Vancouver, BC, we don't have little towns that have a lot to offer. I know we live in a beautiful place, but, I miss the small towns like you have and Ontario, Can. has.

I want to start taking day trips to beautiful Washington and visiting little towns.

Thank you for the bouquet!!!!

Pam