Sep 24, 2014

Looking for Fall...

 
For me,
Fall is the hardest season
to embrace...
 
so last Sunday
I went looking for a little inspiration...
 


in the form of Pumpkin Doughnuts...
 
if right now you are thinking
"Bella, are you so fussy you eat doughnuts with a fork"
 
I'd have to tell you on this day
of seeking Fall inspiration...
 
it was a humid eighty five degrees,
and I just might...
 
besides isn't part of the delight of the "cooler season"
setting the table again
and saying goodbye to finger foods?
 

 
meandering home through the country
with my box of doughnuts...
 
I found this plump pumpkin
at a little farm stand...
 
Fall is looking better all the time!
 


tea and doughnuts,
inspiration...
 
yes!
 


 floppy blush toned roses,
top it off for me...
 




 
I hope you are enjoying
 these first days of Fall too...
 
Happy Fall,  Ya All....

14 comments:

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your white pumpkin is so darn cute! Love the teacups and a pumpkin donut sounds pretty yummy--and would taste much better eating it with a fork in my opinion!

angie said...

was für wunderschönes porzellan!!!!! und ich liebe ihren kuchen!!! der sieht sehr lecker aus, awwww!!!!! angie

amorporlovintage said...

todo esta muy lindo , el otoño una estacion preciosa

Amy Jo said...

Beautiful!! Fall is hard for me too. I really don't love the colors. At least not in my décor.

Blessings,
Amy Jo

Alessandra said...

So beautiful pictures! I love your white pumpkin, the tea cup and your doughnuts look so yummy!!!
Kisses
Alessandra

Janneke said...

I love fall but it is too early I think, you had the right inspiration with a white pumpkin, pale pink roses and a doughnut. Let us just hold the summer for some more time.

The Charm of Home said...

Such a sweet little tea Bella! Lovely cup!

Susan said...

Sweet and lovely photos!

After finally reconciling to the fact that fall is here whether or not I am ready, I've embraced it.

Have fall decor up and the scarecrow kids are back on the front porch----getting a breath of fresh air after being stored in the attic the rest of the year.

So fall in its glory? Bring it on! Susan

Debbie said...

Your table looks lovely, Bella. I had to catch my breath when I saw your tea cup..it's beautiful!
I love the way you work Fall into your home, without having to incorporate the traditional colors in your setting. I like fall colors...mostly outside at our house. I do use bittersweet inside, and a few colors, but mostly neutrals, and whites.
Debbie
xo

Gayle said...

Oh, how I love your little white pumpkin Bella! Big news for us, we are leaving our cottage house in Buckley (renting it) and buying one near my daughter overlooking the Orting valley. I also changed my blog landing place to behindthegardengate.com I hope you stop in soon to visit.
Your photos and sense of loveliness are always inspirational. I have not a flower growing in the new house so I have much work to do!

White Lace and Promises said...

Love all your yummies! The food and the pretties all look yummy!

THERESE said...

Les photos sont trés belles .Bel Automne a toi . Bon Simanche
Therese

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

So very pretty! And dang don't that donut look good! You celebrate fall with a difference. I think I actually like pink better in fall than in spring. Anyway, so beautiful on your table! xx

Lisa said...

What a beautiful post. I too feel this way when fall begins.