Oct 1, 2014

Fall Entered the Garden...

Fall announced it's presence
with rain,
lots of rain...
 
after a dry Summer,
we are happily drinking it up...
 
enjoying the hush
rain creates...
 
 
yes,
even the aphids are drinking it up...
 

 
during a sunbreak,
the garden is quenched,
but, tattered...
 


the Fairy Roses
 tumble over...
 


the overgrown Summer garden
has become a tangle...
 
a sweet mess,
I should to begin cutting it down...
 
should...
 


the first leaves
have begun to fall...
 
Daisy keeps busy inspecting each one...
 
 
the Anemone leans into the gazebo,
taking a bit of shelter
from the pounding rains...

 
if you have spent Fall's of the past
here in my garden with me...
 
 you will know,
I am not a "balanced" gardener...
 
I plant for the Spring and Summer,
they are my favorite months...
 

the only notable
plant of Fall interest I keep is
Beauty Berry...
 
isn't the color fantastic?
 




the Pee Gee Hydrangea
are fading...
 
a soft side of Fall...
 


 
Gertrude Jekyll
 a faithful Rose...
 


 
blooms of the near future
if the weather holds...
 
yes,
more aphids,
the Chickadee's are thrilled
flitting about,
 fattening up for the Winter...
 



 
a little tattered,
a lot treasured...
 
I hope you too
are finding time to Smell the Roses
before they are gone...
 
Thanks for stopping by!





15 comments:

THERESE said...

L'automne s'installe tout doucement , mais les Roses sont encore la . Merci pour ce beau billet. Doux week end

THERESE said...

therese
http://jardinpassion41.canalblog.com

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

Your garden still looks lovely. We are having a drought right now. This weekend we will be cleaning up our yard and getting ready for next year.

Janneke said...

Roses are continuing flowering as long as possible, I love that. The picture of the anemone on the gazebo is a gem. Actually I love all seasons, also autumn, but not for cleaning up the garden, I leave most of it till spring. Last but not least: I was delighted to see the beautiful Daisy.

angie said...

soooo schöne blumenbilder!!!!! liebe grüße von angie

Mercy Gallardo said...

Love love your roses Bella.. your flowers are pleasure to my soul...
Thanks for sharing.

Regards, Mercy
https://www.facebook.com/Challenging.ArtsandCrafts?ref
=ts&fref=ts

Susan Stillwell said...

The hydrangea is SO beautiful! And Daisy ALWAYS makes me smile! Thanks for sharing.

SHERRY said...

I always enjoy the walks in your garden Bella. So glad you are back with us again. The winter garden is lovely too, but yes spring and summer put on the best show. Your girls are precious, always love seeing them in your posts.
Sherry

NanaDiana said...

Maybe a little tattered but still so very beautiful, Bella.
I don't know that I have ever seen Beauty Berry. I wonder if that will grow here? I am going to have to look it up. It's a gorgeous compliment to your roses. xo Diana

sarah said...

Such loveliness! I am enchanted by the beauty here.

Alessandra said...

I can smell your beautiful roses. Your garden is fairy in all the seasons of the year.
Kisses
Alessandra

Merlesworld said...

Still lovely even if winter is coming.
Merle.........

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a sweetie Daisy is!

Your fall garden looks fantastic! The beauty berry is amazing. It's wonderful to see all these pinky shades this time of year. Everything seems to be at the perfect stage of "shabby." I love all the variety too. Hope you're good!

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Just beautiful Bella! Every photo is so delightful! Thanks for sharing the last glimpses of Summer beauty, even though it is Fall.

Mitchell Knapp said...

Gorgeous! Your fall blooms look lovely, even though they've tangled up and become jungle-like over the summer. I love the romantic vibe of your garden, with all those various shades of pink. Thank you for sharing the beauty in your plants this season. I hope everyone is in the best of health!

Mitchell Knapp @ Scenic Landscaping