Oct 2, 2014

Pumpkin Pickin' Time...

When we bought this house
we had a big half acre of nothing,
not a plant in sight...
 
so, the first Summer I decided to grow
a Pumpkin Patch,
and let it sprawl everywhere,
it was so much fun that
since them I have always
grown a little patch...
 
here are some links to years past...
 
at the end of the post
I'll include a pic of my first harvest...
 
 
this year
I simplified and grew a small patch of
Casper White Pumpkins...








 
I hollowed one out
and tucked in a glass votive jar
for a bouquet of...
 
Mary Roses
Dusty Miller
 Alyssum
and
White Phlox
 


 
I am eager
to try my hand
 at some Pumpkin Crafts this weekend...
 
I've seen so many beautiful ideas
 on Blogs and Pinterset,
the hardest part may be deciding which to choose!
 

 
 
 
 
as promised...
here is a pic of my first Pumpkin Patch,
taken with a point and shoot camera,
many years before blogging!
 
Holly is my Sunshine Dog in the back
and little Twiggy is up front...
they are both gone now,
but, in the blue collar is Berry
he was just a pup then
now he is a sweet old man
of fifteen...
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today....

18 comments:

Merlesworld said...

Hope I do as well as you, i'm planting 4 pumpkin plants this afternoon, how many pumpkins will I get, I've never grown them before.
Merle........................

Janneke said...

So beautiful the white pumpkins in a row and with the Allysum is just gorgeous. I used to grow pumkins too but the last few years I have lack of space in the garden, only on the compost heap and there it's too dark.
Last photo is so beautiful with your beloved dogs.

Susan Stillwell said...

Beautiful pumpkins! I didn't even know there was a Casper White - it's wonderful! Your babies are always beyond photogenic - so adorable.

iris said...

comme elles sont belles les
citrouilles blanches
très belles décoratons
tendresse
edith (iris)

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The first pumpkin patch produced a lot and what better way to have white pumpkins than to grow your own.

Anne Davis said...

beautiful! I love your photos!!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love this post ~ pure Autumn Bliss!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a darling doggie picture! Love your old pals. It must be so much fun to see the pumpkins grow. And your casper pumpkins are gorgeous. Right in your own back yard! Well. you got a good thing going! Have fun doing up pumpkins!

Debbie said...

Love the arrangement in your white pumpkin, Bella.
Have fun this weekend!
Debbie
xo

Sarah said...

Bella, your crop of white pumpkins makes me smile. Love the sweet arrangement too.

Rosemary and Thyme said...

So so beautiful... I love the white pumpkins with the flowers.

Janet

Alessandra said...

Just gorgeous! I love, love the white pumpkin with the flowers inside. Thank you very much for the sweet comment
Kisses
Alessandra

Tante Mali said...

Good Morning Bella,
what a lovely pumpking crowd you have. Had to smile while reading. The first thing I plant in my garden were pumpkins on a place I didn't know what doing with it. At the end they were in the neigbours garden on the fence on the hedge ... and so on. Give your sweet old man a kiss - he's cute!
All my best from Austria
Elisabeth

June said...

I love your white pumpkins Bella and love the beautiful arrangement in the one! How I wish I could grow pumpkins here. The growing season is just a tiny bit too short for them here, but I love that you grow these beautiful white ones!
I have been going through the many posts I have missed here and wish I could comment on every beautiful one, but let me just say----you are amazing Girl!!!!!!!!!! I admire and am so inspired by your posts!
sending hugs...

Caroline shabby hideaway said...

Such beautiful pictures again....I love your blog

Caroline shabby hideaway said...

I have been following your blog since a few years.I so love your house and garden <3
Greetings
Caroline

Ivy and Elephants said...

How fun to have your own pumpkin patch!
Love the white one filled with flowers, just gorgeous!
Hugs,
Patti

K. Barber-Flower Farmer said...

Love it!!