Nov 12, 2014

Just a Dress...


Maybe it's the love of simplicity...

or maybe,
it's just lazy decorating...


I brought this sweet simple dress
home from a garage sale
over the summer...

hung it on my hall tree,
and
there it has hung since...

the only noticeable change,
the seasonal bouquet
next to it...

the Roses of Summer...
late Summer Anemone...
now a
single dry Hydrangea...

simple


I did spiff it up a bit,
with a nice hanger
and
some favorite girly accessories...


the dress greets me at the door each day,
the flouncy layers of the skirt,
beg to be fluffed...
a small Cinderella moment...



the vintage parasol,
one of my favorite treasures...
it is far to weak and tattered
to open...
but,
 it just whispers of
romantic days gone by...

seeded pearls
hand sewn on the straps...



it's just a dress...

but,
it just makes me happy...


Thanks for stopping by...

17 comments:

thesegreenwoods said...

It is beautiful and looks perfect hanging where it is. Lovely images.

Janneke said...

I can imagine this romantic dress and accessories makes you happy each time you see it, just lovely and dreamy.

Bente said...

Beautiful dress and decoration. Love the hat too.

Hugs from here

angie said...

danke für die bilder und inspirationen!!! iebe grüße von angie aus deutschland und einen schönen dienstag

Carolyn said...

It makes for a lovely vignette! I have a similar one hanging on the armoire in our bedroom that I enjoy.

Carolyn

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I love it and it remind me of when I was alittle girl.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Bella,
I always love your posts, always so simple but oh so elegant! I absolutely adore your delicate parasol!
Happy Tuesday!
Gina

NanaDiana said...

Oh-and it is such a pretty dress, Bella. Just beautiful. I am thinking it must be from the 50s maybe?
What a perfect little "hello" when you open the door. xo Diana

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A pretty dress and feminine display you're created with it.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Love those fluffy ruffles! You must have been thrilled to get your hands on it. And it looks perfect where it landed. Very Vintage Nina!

Alessandra said...

Dear Bella, i adore your love for simplicity. This dress is gorgeous and it gives a lots of romantic feelings.
Kisses
Alessandra

Cindy said...

It's wonderful...

Cindy

THERESE said...

Oh que c'est beau. J'adore
Merci
Bonne journée.

Madelief said...

What a beautiful dress it is Bella! Madelief x

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Bella, that is simply beautiful..Happy Wednesday..Judy

janice15 said...

Lovely dress, it looks wonderful with love Janice

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love little things like that dress too--they make you feel a special way--just like an old song. Hope you are enjoying Fall!