Nov 4, 2014

October Roses...


We enjoyed a mild October
here in the Pacific Northwest...
 
and although
 my garden was mostly quiet...
there were still
 scatterings of Roses here and there...
 


An October Garden
 
In my Autumn garden I was fain
To mourn among my scattered roses;
Alas for that last rosebud which uncloses
To Autumn's languid sun and rain
When all the world is on the wane!
Which has not felt the sweet constraint of June,
Nor heard the nightingale in tune.
 
Broad-faced asters by my garden walk,
You are but coarse compared with roses:
More choice, more dear that rosebud which uncloses
Faint-scented, pinched, upon its stalk,
That least and last which cold winds balk;
A rose it is though least and last of all,
A rose to me though at the fall.
 
Christina Georgina Rossetti  
























 
November is our windy month,
only a few Roses
 now remain...
 
so fragile
 when brought into the house,,
the blooms only last a day...
 
still,
I pick them...
 
small bits of joy...
 
I hope you are finding small bits of joy
in your days too..


11 comments:

It's me said...

Here my rosé is also blooming ....!,!...beautiful pictures from your garden bella !...lovely Weel love Ria...x!

angie said...

so viele wunderschöne inspirationen!!! viele grüße von angie aus dem heute verregneten deutschland, aber wir haben die sonne im herzen!!

Alessandra said...

Your roses and shots are such beautiful! Thanks for sharing these joys of november.
Kisses
Alessandra

Brooke Kroeger said...

I have a few still hanging on... but it is too wet and cold to take any more pictures. Snuggle in for winter....xxx...

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

These are gorgeous rose portraits. The light is fantastic. Such a wonderful way to say goodbye for a season.

SHERRY said...

Your beautiful words and pictures of your beloved roses and garden are the bits of joy you share with us. Also the pictures of your so cute babies are always a favorite. I would just love to hug and kiss them all.
Sherry

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Lovely roses, Bella. The one with the raindrops is dreamy. Susan

Rose said...

Your garden is still lovely this late in the year.

June said...

I'm sitting here sighing away over these gorgeous photos Bella!!!!! You have captured their beauty perfectly. Every single photo is so pretty.
Am I ever glad I came for a visit!!!!!!!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Bella, I finally got your posts entered by e-mail into my in box. I'm doing a bit of catching up. The photos of your roses are exquisite. I'm making my list to Santa right now for a new camera. I saw the darling dogs in bed and your first pumpkin patch. All so special and hope you are having a Happy Thursday..Judy