Feb 20, 2015

A Case of the Giggles...

Ralph Waldo Emerson's quote
"The Earth Laughs In Flowers"
speaks to my heart...
 
 
in the early Spring
I feel like the earth has
a Case of the Giggles...
 

 
bursts of joy
popping out everywhere...
 


 

 





 
as the
New Dawn Viburnum fades...
 

so do the tiny blooms
of the Sweet Box...
 
 
as the big Spring clean up begins...
 
much of the garden
appears colorless
and looks more like a snapshot of Fall...
 
 
a closer look
shows the real story...
 
the small new beginnings...


 
new flowers
are beginning to pop too..
 
like this Winter Daphne...
you can smell it's sweet scent wafting all around the garden...
 
 
the first cheery Camellia blooms...
 
 
in the kitchen garden...
 
Strawberry leaves unfurl
and my mind wanders to thoughts
of Summer Days and Pie!
 

the Garlic are up
like soldiers all in a row...
 



 
I smile my way through the
garden chores...
 
raking,
sweeping,
mulching,
weeding...
 
because it is my joy...
 

 
Even Mr. Rabbit
has a shy case of the giggles...
 
Happy Friday!
Sending a Giggle Your Way....

19 comments:

Theresa said...

Ahhh, just beautiful. I have a little longer before signs of spring show here. We're suppose to get snow this weekend and snow can happen all the way into May. A big worry for spring blossoms.

Ruffles and Roses said...

ah the same here as Theresa...snow snow on cape cod.....but Im working with it rather than feeling depressed...lots to look forward to...lots of snow brings good gardens...I will have an explosion of blackberries......love your pictures very soothing

enjoy Lorraine

Carmen said...

Enjoy your spring, we are still waiting a few more weeks! I loved the photos.

Carrie B. said...

So lovely. Happy smiley weekend to you! ;)

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

So glad you are sharing your happy garden from the ground up! It's exciting to see it from the very beginning. I have thought the same thing about the way things look like fall in the spring. I like that brambley look too. We would have lots of bloom if we only had the moisture. We certainly have the warm weather for it. Happy gardening!

Leslie's Garden said...

How lovely! YOu are way ahead of me. I need to plant more crocus! I love the photo of the bunny surrounded by them, that's just plain adorable!

janice15 said...

So beautiful, I love the Garden as much.. little things are popping up in my Garden too.. tiny daffodils New Strawberry leaves are unfolding etc.. wonderful post ty Happy Weekend with love Janice

Merlesworld said...

Your world is coming alive while ours is starting to close up for the coming winter.
Merle................

Merlesworld said...

Your world is coming alive while ours is starting to close up for the coming winter.
Merle................

Ruffles and Roses said...

Forgot to mention I hear the giggles ******

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Mr. Rabbit lives a charmed life! Lovely images of springtime! xo Karen

Rose L said...

So much color!!! I can almost smell them!!!! Ahhhh!

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

Oh how lovely your Spring blooms are,especially the crocus. Love the colour and sweet Mr Rabbit x

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What lovely photos, heralding the coming of spring.

FlowerLady

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

How beautiful, Bella! I can only dream at this point as I watch more snow fall today. : ) I always love seeing those first bits of greenery that show Spring is on its way.

Debbie said...

Your images give me hope of Spring.
Truly lovely post, Bella.
Debbie
xo

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Oh, Bella, your spring garden is off to a good start. I just have a few daffodils and a couple of camellias. But it is all beautiful no matter what..Happy Sunday..Judy

Carolyn said...

Ah! Spring already....I would love to be out there with you!
We have tons of snow here but it did rain today so just maybe it will arrive here eventually!
Carolyn

Alessandra said...

Your garden is an explosion of beauty, of colours and of spring. I love to see your stunning flowers.
Kisses
Alessandra