Apr 7, 2015

An April Garden Stroll....

“April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. (Sonnet XCVIII)”
― William Shakespeare
 
Tis' true in my heart....
 
I feel like a child each Spring,
in awe of it all,
and just want to play in the dirt each day...
 
I'd love for you to take an April Stroll with me...
 

the Spring Garden
feels less fussy than the Summer to me...
 
it's still a bit unkempt from Winter,
it's more meadow like...
wild...
 


 
the Anenomes heads are nodding...
 
Thought to bring luck and protect against evil,
legend has it that when the anemone closes its petals,
it's a signal that rain is approaching. 
 
maybe we should have brought an umbrella?
 

 
seas of Woody Hyacinth
add to the Meadow
 like feel...



 
Woodland Phlox,
is newly planted into the garden last year...
 



Money Plants...
 




 
Viburnum
perfumes the air
in the back corner of the garden...


 
I am eagerly waiting
 for the Lilacs to pop...
 
they are waiting for some sunshine...
 


 



I'd also like for you to meet the Boettchers,
 

 
I met them on a Easter Afternoon drive,
and thought they were the Sweetest...
 
I thought you would too :-)
 
Thanks for Strolling with Me Today....

11 comments:

Janneke said...

I can imagine you were surprised to see these Boettchers family they really look cute with their flopping ears.
But your garden......this is most beautiful, I like these anemones together with Wood Hyacinths and Moneyplant, it does feel like a heavenly meadow.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love all the shades of blue in your spring garden! It is so beautiful. You have met some sweet friends on your drive :)

ANNE said...

Such a lovely garden! Thank you for inspiring me!

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

I so enjoyed my enchanting imaginary stroll through your architecturally beautiful Spring garden. I felt the sun kiss my face and smelled the sweet floral scents.
xx,
Vera

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

These are enchanting views of your beautiful gardens! Love the masses of flowers against your lovely garden structures. The bunny and birdhouse peeking out from the growth. The pond. Your garden must bring you so much joy! We went for a neighborhood walk just at sunset last night and brought home a couple of lilac sprigs. The scent is just astonishing. Such a treat. So glad you shared.

Rose L said...

I love to see the blossoms coming up and coloring the world around me!

castellar rosa said...

I love your beautiful garden
rosa, i love spring also.
rosa

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you for the lovely stroll through your spring gardens. Everything is beautiful.

FlowerLady

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Such a joyful and beautiful Spring Garden!
Jemma

Madelief said...

Beautiful photo's of your spring garden Bella. A delight to look at!

Wishing you a happy weekend!

Madelief x

Pamela Gordon said...

Wow, it looks so beautiful and sunny and warm there. I love your 'wild' look to the garden in spring. It's very lovely. Thank you. Pam