Apr 29, 2015

Bellevue Botanical Gardens...

Bellevue Botanical Gardens
is one on my favorite places to
spend an afternoon...
 
 
it is a free public garden,
with self guided tours...


 



I never fail to find something
new to me...
 
which is fun
because in the gift shop
they always have a few plants for sale...
 


 
mixed in with the new to me plants
 
are the favorites...
 




after seeing the Pink Lilac,
I know I must find a place in my garden
 for one or two...
 

 
the plants I really hoped to find in the shop
were these Fringed Primula...
 
I didn't have any luck
this time...
 




a big Tree Peony...
 


 
in bright yellow...
 


and a couple Herbaceous Peonies...
 
like this softer yellow...
 

 
and this deep red...
 

 
Rhododendron is our state flower
here in Washington State...
 
and a common sight...
 

 
I hope you had a lovely time
on my little tour...
 
Thanks for coming along...

6 comments:

alittlecape said...

Beautiful garden, thanks for sharing your visit. Still cold and rainy in NS, no buds on the trees but a few snowdrops have appeared. Patty/NS

Alessandra said...

Amazing pictures! The flowers are stunning especially the pink lilacs. Thanks for sharing a such romantic garden
Hugs
Alessandra

Carrie said...

Very beautiful. We are just beginning to warm up where I live... trees and such are a bit behind.

Rose L said...

Lovely garden! I am going to Seattle first week in June so may have to try to go there.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

How wonderful to have such a lovely botanical garden that is 'free'. Botanical gardens are so peaceful.

This post has inspired me to visit ours again. There should be plenty in bloom right now. I should go before it gets too hot and humid.

Have a lovely weekend and thank you for this little tour.

FlowerLady

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh my goodness! The pink lilac! Gorgeous tour.