Apr 27, 2015

Tea in the Dappled Sun...

We had the most beautiful day,
so beautiful it felt more like Summer than Spring...
 

I spent most of the day gardening...
 
 
but
at the end of the day,
when the shadows became long
and the sunlight became dappled behind the trees,
I set a little table...
 
I deserved a treat today...
 

 
I filled a double bucket
with blooms
as I tended the plants today...
 



I brought out
my Violet themed dishes...
 
and picked
 what will be the last
 of these fabulously long stemmed Violets for the season....
 

 
a plate of cookies to nibble,
with a secret ingredient...
 

 
last month
when Violets were in full bloom...
 
I made a batch of Violet Sugar
using Violet Petals...
 
these cookies are frosted with Royal Icing
and them sprinkled in the Violet Sugar...
 
I am going to share a tutorial
on how you can make your own...
 
it is so easy!
 




 
a pretty tea towel
does say Spring doesn't it?



 
I had thought
it was tea for one today,
but,  Daisy decided to join me...
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today....

14 comments:

KathyB. said...

A perfect tea for a day spent tending the gardens. And the company for tea seems very agreeable & pleasant.

The violets as candied treats and cookie adornment are beautiful.

Janneke said...

That´s a real great end of a gardening day, having tea in company of one of your best friends with flowers on the table. The teapot and dish are delightful.

Sarah said...

Beautiful pictures and such a gorgeous setting for afternoon tea.

Christin said...

Hallo Bella, habe gerade deinen schönen Blog entdeckt und bin ganz begeistert. Was für schöne Aufnahmen. Ich möchte gleich vorbei kommen und Platz nehmen.
Ich wünsche dir einen sonnigen Frühling, alles Liebe Christin

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

A pretty afternoon tea in the dappled shade of your gazebo and it looks like summer with all your blooms.
I look forward to the warmer weather we now have and my spring bulbs blooming next month.

Debbie said...

what a gorgeous setting to rest in, and enjoy your late afternoon tea, Bella. Your photos are so dreamy.
Debbie
xo

SHERRY said...

So glad the warm weather is back so we can spend more time in your most beautiful garden and see your precious girls.
Sherry

Sea Cottage said...

Such a lovely tea setting for an afternoon rest in your garden.

Carolyn said...

You are blessed to be able to enjoy your tea in such a beautiful setting!

Carolyn

an angel at my table said...

You realy deserve a lovely cup of tea!! I am now going to have a walk through your lovely garden via your gorgeous images!

Alessandra said...

What a beautiful and romantic way to finish a delightful gardening day!Your cookies look delicious. Your photos are fairy.
Hugs
Alessandra

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Wish I could just invite myself like Daisy! Such a pretty setting for tea. Can you taste the violets? Your garden seems made just for this. SO lucky to have this weather before it's even May!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely setting for tea! Beautiful flowers, sweet cookies and Daisy to keep you company.

Have another nice day today ~ FlowerLady

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Such a beautiful setting and your china is lovely. A perfect treat after gardening!

Blessings,
Sandi