Apr 29, 2015

Violet Petal Sugar...

 
When I shared tea with you
in my last post,
I told you I would be back
 with a tutorial for the Violet Petal Sugar...
 

So here we go,
it could not be easier...
 


 
first step
is picking the Violets...
 
you want these to be clean and organic...
 


 
if yours are damp with morning dew
(or rain)
put them in a vase or spread them on paper towels
until dry...
 


 
remove the petals from the stems...
 
discard the green parts...
 


 
I mixed my petals
with an equal amount of sugar
(I just eye balled it)...
 
you could adjust the amounts
and adjust the depth of color...
 

 
mix the two together in a food processor
(I used a Magic Bullet)
 
it will now feel like wet sand...
 
turn your oven on for a couple minutes
just to warm it
then shut it off...
 
spread the sugar mixture on parchment paper
and let set in the oven an hour or two
until completely dry...
 
I have read it will keep for a year...
 

that's it!
wasn't that easy?
 

 
as for the flavor
of the Violet Petal Sugar...
 
when the Sugar is fresh
it had a light Violet taste...
 
I made my sugar a month ago
and now the flavor is gone...
 
but,
is still such a pretty color
and I like that the coloring is natural...
 
Wishing You a Sweet Day...


10 comments:

Alessandra said...

This recipe is adorable.I' ve never seen a so lovely and pretty sugar.The pictures in violet are very romantic.
Hugs
Alessandra

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

What a lovely idea. It looks so pretty in the violet sugar bowl with it's gorgeous little ladle. Just lovely

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, what pretty sugar! I love your recipe. Thanks for sharing and enjoy your day, Bella.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Your beaautiful china is a great reason for doing up sugar! That little spoon is adorable! Seems simple. Maybe the hardest part is making sure the violets are organic? Great color!

Carrie said...

Neat!! Love the color.

Janneke said...

Your presentation of the violet sugar in the china ware is so romantic, I love the lilac colour.
I keep the recipe for next year!
Thank you.

Cranberry Morning said...

I had to pin this. I am so excited, because our violets should be blooming pretty soon and we have a ton of them! I can't wait to try this. :-) Thanks.

Rosemary and Thyme said...

This is just beautiful. What a lovely idea for tea. It is so dainty. I love the delicate violet color.

It looks very easy to make. Thank you for sharing the idea.

Janet
rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Oh, so pretty! Lovely, soft shade of violet and isn't your little server just precious! I scrolled down to visit your garden, too - it's wonderful and so are your charming dishes! xo Karen

alittlecape said...

Thanks, Bella. Now I need to find some violets. Patty/NS