May 6, 2015

Just a Few Roses...

April showers
bring May flowers...
 
oh wait, it is May!
 
our weather seems to be running a few days behind...
 
wet, wet ,wet...
 
 
during a sun break
I wandered around the garden...
 
gathering a few Roses...
 
The bushes are covered in buds
just waiting to burst...
 
pure anticipation!
 
I tuck them into this small baking bowl
I picked up at a garage sale
over the weekend...
 
 
a big and fluffy
Nancy Reagan Rose...


 
Sweetness Rose,
a bit tattered from the rain,
but so worthy of enjoying...
 



 
a pair of David Austin's Wisley Rose buds...
 
perfectly pink...
 


since we were talking about Roses today
I thought I would share
my other new garage sale find..
 
these six silver spoons...
 

 
adorned with swoon worthy
swags of roses...
 
a steal for two dollars...
 
 
my new old bowl
which I bought for it's pretty pink coloring...
 
flaunts a couple roses of it's own...
 
 
A Bowl of Roses
IT was a bowl of roses: 
    There in the light they lay, 
Languishing, glorying, glowing 
    Their life away. 
  
And the soul of them rose like a presence,    
    Into me crept and grew, 
And filled me with something—some one 
    O, was it you?
 
William Ernest Henley

 
Thanks for stopping by...

11 comments:

By Meisje said...

Oh Bella, I love this post, it is light and verry nice. It`s beautifull! With lots of love, Meisje

Janneke said...

So beautiful....the spoons with the swags of roses, you really have an eye for wonderful finds. The bowl together with your roses and the poem, a great post.

Sea Cottage said...

I always look forward to seeing your roses Bella because you have the most beautiful rose garden in all of blogland. But your silverware with the rose swags...Oh oh my...such loveliness. I think I would twirl if I found such treasure. They are perfect for Mother's day. xxo

Rose L said...

I love roses, especially peachy colored ones. Maybe because my name is Rose. ;^)
Yours are lovely!!!

Bente said...

Beautiful roses, Bella. I just love the spoons. Gorgeous details.
Hugs from here

http://deezie-sunshinedeezines.blogspot.com/ said...

Your Roses are so beautiful and the bowl and spoons are a great find at a tag sale. Can't wait for my roses to bloom. I have a few more weeks

deezie

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Beautiful roses, silver and bowl all put together lovingly for this post.

Thank you for a bit of beauty to start the day.

FlowerLady

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Beautiful roses Bella, and your silver spoons are a treasure too. Love the rose swags on them.

Alessandra said...

Wow!!! Such loveliness! The gorgeous silver spoons with the rose swags are amazing, stunning.
Hugs
Alessandra

Jen @ The Light Laughed said...

Oh my goodness those are the most darling shades of beauty. Ours are a little ways away still so I will have to enjoy yours on your blog for now.

Gorgeous.

Jen

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The bowl is perfect because these roses look pretty enough to eat! The silver is yum too! They will look gorgeous at one of your sweet teas.