Jun 3, 2015

Flowers along the Picket Fence...

Since we live
on a large corner lot,
we have a long picket fence...
 
we designed the pickets ourselves
and hand cut them...
 
this Spring we
were working on touching up the fence,
doing some painting
and some cutting of new pickets..
 
with the wet Pacific Northwest Springs,
it's a race to get it all done on dry days
 before the plants over take the fence...
 
 
there is only a foot of space
between the fence and the sidewalk...
 
Some plants grow there
and others just poke through...
 
a lot goes on in that little space...


 
the Peonies...
 
some years I stake them
 and some years
 I just let them flop over...
 
this year I have been leaning them onto the fence...

 
Valerian with Salvia...



The Tiffany Rose
is my husband's favorite...
 




A new to me rose
I planted last year..
 
Veilchenblau Rambler
 
I have bought a lot of roses
through the mail,
both potted and bare root..
 
this one arrived potted
in a tiny 3" pot...
 
I planted it and crossed my fingers,
it grew like crazy...
 
it is prized for it's violet / blue flowers...
 


more Valerian,
Pink and White together...
 



clusters of
James Galway Roses...
 


the colors and placement of the Columbines
change each year,
as I just let the seeds fall
where they may...
 
I have really been enjoying this one this year
pure white
with lavender at the tip top...
 

 
the toppling Peonies
it all happens so fast...
 
I wish a could just freeze time
and soak it all up...
 
 
Thanks for stopping by...

17 comments:

Rowan said...

It looks really beautiful and must bring a lot of pleasure to your neighbours and passers by.

Bente said...

Oh my, what beautiful flowers and roses. Here it hasn`t start blooming yet. Love the fence too, that is one thing on my wish list. Your garden is a dream for sure.
Hugs from here

an angel at my table said...

What lovely images of your garden! Your picket fence is amazing! Thank you for making so many beautiful post so that we can enjoy your lovely garden even if we live so far away! My roses haven't started yet I can just see the small buds coming and the peonies are getting bigger but won't flower for some weeks yet! All the best Mari

One Shabby Old House said...

Just Beautiful. That is the way a picket fence should look! Thank you for letting me soak it in too.

LV said...

Since I am a flower lover, what a joy it was seeing all your beauties.

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

The picket fence embraced by the beauty of your splendid flowers is very pretty. Thanks for sharing your stunning pictures, wish I could stroll by in person and smell their lovely scent.

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

All this lush growth is just a mind blow! I can't imagine having bloom like this. Your picket fence is wonderful. And what a lot of work you put into it! All the variety is just a delight. So glad you shared. Makes me want to do a drive by!

Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home} said...

Your custom fence is absolutely gorgeous and the flowers, well, they take my breath away! I'm no gardener by any means but I do have some hydrangeas and a single peony bush (don't laugh). I'm even doing a peony post tomorrow:)
xoKathleen

Janneke said...

In our country we don't often see these wonderful picket fences, they are really wonderful especially nicely painted in white. You have already so much flowering, love the James Galway Roses, but also the Tiffany rose. And the Valerian with Salvias along the fence, great combination.
Wish you happy gardening !

Alessandra said...

Your picket fence is just gorgeous. Peonies are my favourite flowers and yours are fairy. Amazing pictures. Your garden is a dream.
Hugs
Alessandra

UGAFan76 said...

Those flowers are breathtaking! And such wonderful craftmanship on the fence. I wish I had your talent with plants. It's funny that we're on opposite ends of the country (I live on the Gulf Coast of Florida), but our weather is kind of similar. Our summers are wet, too. But maybe a little warmer than yours, lol!

Rose L said...

I hope my garden will be as lovely as yours.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my gosh, this post is filled with such beauty! I love it all and am inspired to keep working in my own gardens.

Thank you for sharing ~ FlowerLady

Gayle said...

Oh my goodness, this is so beautiful there are no words Bella!

Sea Cottage said...

Your picket fence and fliwers are dreamy beautiful. Tiffany Rose is a favorite at my cottage too.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

It's all so lovely, Bella - it shows how much love and attention you have put into your beautiful home and gardens. Every passer-by must be so charmed! xo Karen

Lace Age Girl said...

Your roses are stunning and you've done a lovely job with your photos.