Jan 18, 2016

Hope....

 Hope
Is the thing with feathers,
that perches in the soul
and sings a tune without the words,
and never stops
 at all
 
Emily Dickinson

 
Sometimes we all need
 an extra dose of Hope...
 
on a dark day,
or maybe just a grey one...
 
 
My morning view of Mount Rainier....
 
gloomy yes,
but dry
so lets go look around the Winter garden....
 

 
not a flake in sight
but the Snow Drops are up
standing straight and proud...
 
full of hope....
 


 
the Hyacinths are too...
 

 
a few have bolted
after the freezing temperatures of the last few weeks....
 
 
purple in a sea of mud...
 
my early Crocus
pushing forth
beneath the rotting leaves that blanket them....



 
maybe best of all,
a small nosegay
of Winter Blooms....
 
 
The Camellia Bloom was a complete surprise
nestled low and close to the trunk...
I added a few sprigs of Dusty Miller's velvety leaves...
and a bit of Sweet Box...
 
Sweet Box
may not look special,
but it is must have (and so cheap)
It blooms so early
and smells so amazing...
 

 
Just Maybe,
for me anyway...
Hope is the thing with Petals...
 
 
I am so thankful to all of you
 who have encouraged me to continue blogging....
 
Thank You so much for being here....

20 comments:

aquarelles nature said...

Your photos and blog in general are an enchantment.

Bente said...

Love the photos that show the spring is on it`s way. Here we had tons of snow the last days.
Hugs from here

thel day said...

So pretty and nice to see some signs of Hope for Spring. Your photos are beautiful. I bought some small Spring flowers yesterday in pots At Walmart here in Eastern Canada. Miniature Roses in yellow and pink, narcissus and hyacinthe. I will plant them in my garden this yr. and enjoy them next Spring. Take care

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The season has launched!!! I am just blown away that you have such harbingers of spring coming up already. So beautiful. I had no idea you were so close to Rainier. What a fantastic view. What a cheery post from you. I have missed them so much!

Sea Cottage said...

A beautiful message dear Bella. Your view is magestic and full of hope..to me. Your garden is something to treasure. xx

Carolyn said...

Hi Bella,
I can't believe you have blooms already.

It is nice to have you blogging again, we missed you!

Enjoy all that hope and promise.
Carolyn

Janneke said...

Love Emily Dickenson's poems and all your romantic pictures. Glad you are back again on the blog.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Lovely photos, and views, and beautiful quote Bella. Good to hear from you.

Sarah said...

Bella, I'm happy to see this post from you. Last time I tried to visit it said it was restricted. Thanks for sharing your pretty thoughts and images on hope. Hoping you will keep blogging. '-)

Beatrice Euphemie said...

So nice to see your beautiful blog once again, Bella. I have missed you. xx

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Oh, Bella, my HOPE is that you don't stop blogging. Your beautiful garden and your photography is always such a delight to see and I love that little poem..Happy Wednesday..Judy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely post!

Have a lovely day ~ FlowerLady

Teresa/ thegardendiary.com said...

A beautiful and charming way to start my day! Wishing you a beautiful day. When will the roses be in full bloom in your world?

Susan Stillwell said...

Beautiful, as always. I've missed your blog posts! Thanks for taking the time to bring us smiles today.

Alessandra said...

Wonderful and very romantic pictures. We must believe in the hope
Hugs
Alessandra

SHERRY said...

What a lovely surprise to see you back again. You have been missed. You have the most beautiful garden and I never tire of seeing pictures of the gorgeous flowers and your amazing house.

Madelief said...

I enjoyed your garden of hope Bella. Like you I am looking forward of what's to come!

Madelief x

Carrie B. said...

So nice to hear from you again Bella! Such beautiful photos and they bring such joy to my soul as I'm stuck here in freezing temps and heaps of snow!! Please please pretty please keep sharing!! Love it!

Blessings to you! xoxo

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Hi Bella
Sometimes a good break is needed to inspire one's blogging, isn't it? Glad you decided to continue and wonder if you have an order in for any David Austin roses this year? The 2016 introductions are gorgeous.

Laura said...

Beautiful. The sight of the early flowers always fills me with such hope. I am looking forward to getting out in the garden again.