May 15, 2016

Bottle Trees....

While visiting California
a couple months ago...
 
I enjoyed
getting out to see
a few touristy curiosities....
 
I am always intrigued,
by the weird and wonderful...
 
the madness of an artists heart...
 


 
 
the Bottle Tree Ranch....
 
in Oro, Grande,  CA
on Historic Route 66...
 





 
the artist in residence...
 
had many a story
 to tell...
 





 
antique bottles...
 
the manganese in the old glass
turns purple
under the glaring sun....
 



the beginning of a new
obsession...
 

 
 
 Thanks so much for coming along today....

4 comments:

Joanne Bischof said...

What fun pictures and that OPEN sign is darling!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Looks like a bottle forest. Dazzling! I have to force myself to stop collecting old ones. They have such a mysterious appeal, and there is only so much you can do with them! Great shots here. And that OPEN sign is my fav too. Monday, monday. Hope it's a good one.

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

AWESOME!

Alessandra said...

Such excellent shots! I love these bottles and the old sign is my favourite one
HUgs
Alessandra