May 2, 2016

The Caged Flower....

 
my Snowdrops
have come
and are long gone..
 
actually my Roses
have begun to unfurl...
 
but,  I have a big handful
of posts
 I haven't shared yet...
 
So I will be doing lots
of catching up....
 
 
 
the Snowdrops being the first
flower of the season...
 
you just want to hold
them tightly...



 
cage them in
to keep...
 

but, alas...
does a caged flower sing?
and if so
is it as sweetly?
 





 
 
 I found this lovely little poem on...
    
                    
Snowdrops peeping through the grass
Heads bowed in silent prayer
Giving thanks for warm sunshine
While new born lambs skip without a care
Daffodils trumpet their joy
While bees on nectar sip
Spring is in the air at last
Winter has lost its grip
 
 
 
I am so Grateful You stopped by.... 



11 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Such a beautiful little bloom! I love the way you have showm it here. I went looking for lily of the valley yesterday. The nursery will send for a bunch for about a hundred dollars. Literally! Do you grow it? Have a lovely day in your garden! We had a howling windy cold day yesterday, but the weather promises to behave today.

Sarah said...

Bella, this post is poetry itself. Your talent for writing and photography is magazine worthy. I'm so happy that you have found your voice again. Snowdrops are not something we have in Texas. I wish we did.
Thank you for sharing yours. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Madelief said...

The snowdrops look beautiful in the cage Bella.

Happy gardening!

Madelief x

vintageandart said...

Beautiful post...lovely and thoughtful words and gorgeous pics. Happy Spring.

20 North Ora said...

Bella - I have always thought that snowdrops looked like they were praying. Guess that's why I like them. Love them under the clotch. Beautiful.

Judy

Rose L said...

My garden has so many blooms of various colors that it lightens my heart and renews my soul.

Janneke said...

A caged snowdrop looks lovely, but sounds awful. I don't want to cage flowers and/or animals, haha. The poem is wonderful too.

Alessandra said...

Thanks for the sweet poem and the lovely pictures. The snowdrops look gorgeous in the cage.
Hugs
Alessandra

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

We have a few snowdrops in our yard and I love seeing them bloom. A very lovely poem you found. I like it very much.

Anonymous said...

I also checked with my florist wanting to purchase Lilly of the Valley fresh flowers. Could be ordered for $7.50 a stem... However minimum order is 50 stems!

Anonymous said...

I also checked with my florist wanting to purchase Lilly of the Valley fresh flowers. Could be ordered for $7.50 a stem... However minimum order is 50 stems!