May 5, 2016

Calico, California...

 On my trip to California,
my brother took me to the small town of Calico...
 
 
Calico,
is a world completely different from my own...
 
a wide open space
of big skies...
 
void of trees
the contour of the land speaks for itself...
 
the drama!
 

 
 
Calico has a small population,
because well,
 it is a ghost town...
 
actually,
maybe the population is high,
just not with the living...
:-)
 



 
you can tell
from my series of photos,
my photography skills
do not include,
blaring sun...
 
it was a challenge!
 


a bit of gingerbread...
 



 
women of the old west
must have had is so hard...
 
a mans world.
 
there was nothing feminine about Calico,
except this delightful line
of frilly undergarments
blowing in the breeze...



 
this house made of bottles
was a favorite among the tourists...
 
who were mostly French?
 



 
 the very best part of Calico?
 
time spent with my brother James!
He is a wonderful photographer
and we had a lot of fun looking for the good shots!
 
Thanks James!!
 
 
 
Thank you all for stopping by, 

5 comments:

Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a fun trip and what a sweet brother! Love seeing the old ghost town with the school, church, bottle house and clothes line. It really does make you appreciate all the modern conveniences we have! Love the name of the town, too! xo K

Sarah said...

Looks like a fun trip. ;-)

Rose L said...

I used to live in California and have visited Calico many times. Parts of it are reproduced at Knott's Berry Farm!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a cool old place to trip around in! You got some terrific pics. And hanging with your bro is pretty cool too. Makes me want to have an adventure! Happy friday!

Bente said...

Hi Bella. I love to see this photos. What a exiting place. I wish I could travel around in Amerika. There is so many places I would like to see.
Hugs from here