May 3, 2016

The Beautiful Spring...

In the early Spring
I went on a long over due vacation
to California...
 
I grew up in Los Angeles,
and went back to visit family,
see my childhood homes
and reconnect with old friends...
 
I returned home the end of March
to a garden in bloom...
 
here are a handful of photos...


The beautiful spring came;
 and when Nature resumes her loveliness,
the human soul is apt to revive also.
Harriet Ann Jacobs



the Kwanzan Cherry
in its full pink glory...
 


 
Bluebells twirling...
 
bluebells always remind me
of happy girls
twirling their skirts...
 

 
Tulips
and half used wishes...
 

 
Money Plants,
newly minted...
 
 
a completely out of focus shot,
but the colors and softness
made me happy...
 
so this we will call
my impressionistic period....
 

Peonies shooting up,
over taking fading tulips...
 


small eager
garden friends...
 



Sensation Lilac...
 


Miss Kim Lilac...
 


 
blooms
for the parlor table...

 
Did I mention?
Bella's Rose Cottage
is now on Instagram...
 
the link is on the right sidebar 
 
I Love When You Stop By....

14 comments:

20 North Ora said...

Gorgeous photos!!

Judy

Shelia said...

How beautiful! You have captured your blooms most magnificently!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Janneke said...

Beautiful soft colours in your garden, great photos!

Debbie said...

Beautiful images, Bella.
Debbie
xo

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

The colors are wonderful! You got some brilliant portraits. I especially love the window shot with the birdcage. What a spectacular scene to come home to.

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Oh Bella, beautiful pictures. You certainly captured your flowers beauty.
So glad that you had a great visit to Los Angeles.
Hows the girls - they are so special.
Have a great rest of the week.

Mary

LV said...

Now that is what I call a marvelous welcome back home. I love flowers and have many, but none compare these to these beauties.

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Like you, your garden looks beautiful.

Rose L said...

It is good you took the time to reconnect with friends and family. Your garden certainly was offering a wonderful greeting on your return.

BeachGypsy said...

beautiful flower pictures, love them! welcome to Instagram...I will try to find you on there! Mine is also on my sidebar

Keity said...

Your photos as always, are beautiful! It is always fun to see the old friends:) Thank you for sharing!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh my gosh! It's all lovely, but I just love those cherry blossoms.

Thank you for sharing ~ FlowerLady

Susan Stillwell said...

STUNNING! as always. Thanks for sharing.

Alessandra said...

Your pictures are always such romantic and gorgeous. I love your fairy garden.
Hugs
Alessandra