May 19, 2016

The First Flush of Roses...


There is nothing more anticipated
in  my garden...

than the first flush of roses...

yes,
I know...
you are surprised...
:-)


It is a common happening,
that the first notable Rose is
Gertrude Jekyll...
and you have to love her for that,
and her delicious scent....







then the others start popping open...








this year Gertrude put on such an amazing show,
she was soon so tired,
she just laid her head on the table for a nap...

and,
I will admit
I joined her for a nap in the gazebo,
more than once
 :-)

Thanks for taking the time to smell the roses
with me today....

13 comments:

kathy said...

Beautiful!!! I just love your blog!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your roses are beautiful! Love this time of year.

Olga Poltava said...

Hi Bella,

I can almost smell your roses. What a gorgeous display.
Thank you for stopping by and birthday wishes :)

Olga

janice15 said...

Your roses are a amazinly beautiful... Im always in awe.. Happy wednesday,with love Janice

Susan Stillwell said...

All so very beautiful, as is your photography!

Wende Kirckhoff said...

Hi...your gardens are just Wonderful..an the roses are Fabulous..what do you use on them..or around them to keep the bugs off an general rose issues at bay..every time I look through your photos..I always wonder how much trouble is it to actually care for all those roses..you sure know what you're doing! I look forward to having you in my inbox.....hope you have a nice day

Annie said...

So lovely. What are the roses in photos 6 and 9 from the top? The sixth one is new to me. The ninth one looks like it might be Love Song? Mine died to the ground during winter, but I'm trying again in a more protected place. Gertrude Jekyll is one of my favorites. She is always beautiful.

20 North Ora said...

Beautiful roses! Doesn't God do amazing work?
Judy

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Beautiful. Your roses are just in their full beauty and mine, poor things have finished their first bloom. It all looks spectacular.

Rose L said...

such beautiful roses! I could almost smell them!

Lebensperlenzauber said...

So wundervoll!!!!!!

Liebe Grüße
von Monika*

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Awesome.

Alessandra said...

I can smell the scent of your marvellous roses...just gorgeous! Your garden is fairy.
Hugs
Alessandra