May 20, 2016

Tree Peony...

 My little Tree Peony
blooms about a month before
the other peonies...
 
an opening act of sorts...
 
these photos are from last month...
I am catching up...
slowly
:-)
 

 
Tree Peonies
grow slowly...
 and can reach impressive heights
of around 6 feet tall...
 
all that gorgeousness,
right up in your face!
 




 
one of my favorite
things about my tree peony
is the center matches my lilacs so well,
and they bloom at the same time...
 
 
here is a photo of them paired together
from a year or so past
and the link to that post,
if you'd like to see more...
 


 
this year the Peonies
went solo...
 

 
 Well TGIF!
 
I Hope You have a Wonderful Weekend!
 
 
 Thanks so much for stopping by...




14 comments:

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

S P C T A C U L A R ! ! ! What a beautiful bloom to have in your garden. Happy Friday!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I mean spectacular... :0)

Billie said...

Hi. Quick question. I live in the south with high heat & humidity. Do you do any thing extra to your roses to keep away black spot & Japanese beetles? I know you have lots of rain, like we have here. Your garden is beautiful!

thel day said...

I can almost smell those beautiful peonies. They are gorgeous.

Bente said...

Oh my, I love peonies. So much beauty.
Hugs from here

LV said...

I had one of these, but did not know what it was until it bloomed. Mine was pretty too but did not have this many blooms.

Bernideen said...

Fabulous show!

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

So pretty.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What beautiful blooms! I wish I could grow them here.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Sandra said...

Love your peonies!! Beautiful.
Have a nice weekend.
Love from Spain.

Rowan said...

Your photographs are so beautiful, the tree peony and the lilacs look really lovely together.

Alessandra said...

Peonies are my favourite flowers and yours are absolutely spectacular!!!!!
Hugs
Alessandra

vintageandart said...

Your tree peony blooms are absolutely STUNNING!!

Christine Graves said...

What stunning blooms, If I ever come across a tree peony I am not passing it up without bringing it home!